Arthur Morgan x Male Reader

You and Arthur had been together for a while now but because it's 1899 and gay people aren't accepted only the gang know.
You're sure you've seen other gay people like Mr Black and Mr White, even though they say they can't stand each other and Alden the Rhodes station clerk, he's flirted with you a couple of times when you and Arthur went to get information on a stagecoach you were about to rob.
But if anyone outside the gang found out you could get in real trouble which is why you can't show affection publicly, this is where problems arise.
The biggest problem you have in your relationship with Arthur is Mary, Arthur's ex. You know Arthur loves you now and not her but the way she just uses him when it's convenient for her like when she asked him to save her brother from that religious cult, it annoys you how Arthur drops everything for her.

That morning Arthur received a letter, you immediately knew who it was from by the way that Arthur rushed out of camp.
You quickly mounted your horse and followed him without him knowing. You followed him into Saint Denis when you heard a woman shout from a balcony.
"Oh Arthur!" Mary shouted before running down the stairs to him.
"Arthur you came!" She said hugging him.
"Yeah I came." Arthur chuckled surprised at the hug.
You went and hitched your horse so you wouldn't be as noticeable and tried to listen to what they were saying, something about her father to be honest you didn't give a shit about her or her family so you drowned out most of it.
But then you heard something that broke your heart.
"Arthur run away with me now come on lets go it isn't too late for us." She said grabbing his hands.
"Mary I wish I could but.... there's some people I gotta take care of first once they're free I'm free, then I can leave."
Your eyes welled up with tears, you couldn't believe what you just heard.
You grabbed your horse and got out of there as quick as you could before breaking down into sobs.
You couldn't face going back to camp and explaining everything so you decided to set your tent up near the Elysian Pool, you knew that was Murfree Brood country but you didn't care and you knew your horse would protect you if any came along.

Arthur returned to camp after helping Mary and noticed you weren't there but he just thought maybe you were out hunting or doing a job with someone else, but you were gone ages and other members of the gang started to notice.
"Where's (Y/N)? I haven't seen him since early this morning." Tilly said as the other girls nodded just as confused.
"Who cares one less mouth to feed." Micah sneered.
"Shut up Micah." Arthur glared.
"I'm going out to find him." Arthur said mounting his horse.
"I'll come too." John and Charles said mounting their horses.
"Ok we'll split up so we can cover more ground." Arthur said spurring his horse into a gallop with John and Charles in tow.

You were sat in your tent unable to sleep because of how heartbroken you were, you felt betrayed and lied to like you were just being used by Arthur until Mary came back along.
After an hour of trying to sleep you were slowly starting to drift off until you heard your name being called.
"(Y/N) is that you in there." You heard the familiar voice of John.
You poked your head out of the tent "Yeah it's me John."
John hitched Old Boy near your horse and sat next to you in front of the fire.
"Why're you out here by yourself, you look like you've been crying." John said worriedly.
Your eyes teared up again " Arthur went to see Mary and..." you choked out.
"He went to see Mary again?, you know I never liked her always thought she was a bitch." John said trying his best to comfort you.
"Yeah and she asked him to run away with her and he said he wishes he could." You sniffled wiping your eyes.
"Really? Are you sure I doubt Arthur would leave you for her I mean he's always talking about you and I've seen how he looks at you, he never looked at Mary like that." John said patting your back.
"He does?" You asked eyes full of hope.
"Yeah he does trust me I've known Arthur for a long time and I know he loves you."
You smiled "Thanks John."
"No problem but can we go back to camp this place gives me the creeps."
You laughed lightly "yeah sure let's go."

You both mounted your horses and headed back to Shady Belle.

When you got back you saw Hosea consoling an upset Arthur, when he heard your horses trot back in he immediately ran up to you and hugged you as tight as he could.
"Where were you I was so worried!." He cried.
You've never seen Arthur act like this, he was never one to show this much emotion especially in front of the gang, it was normally you.
"Can we go somewhere more private?" You whispered.
"Yes let's go to my room." Arthur held your hand and sat you down on his bed.
"What happened?" Arthur asked sitting next to you."
"I saw you talking to Mary and I heard what you said..." you muttered.
"Oh (Y/N) you know I don't love her like that anymore."
"But you said you wished you could run away with her!" You whisper shouted so the others couldn't hear, they already had to deal with John and Abigail and Molly and Dutch arguing all the time.
"I didn't mean with her I was talking about us but you know I couldn't tell her we're together, she'd run off and tell everyone and I've already got a $5000 price on my head, we need to lie low."
"I know but I wish you wouldn't run to her every time she calls, she's just using you when it's convenient for her."
"Ok I promise from now on that if she writes to me again I'll ignore it ok." He said giving you a kiss on the cheek.
"Ok." You giggled planting a quick kiss on his lips.
"I love you (Y/N)" He said in between kisses.
"I love you too."