John Marston x Male Reader

Hey I know I've been gone awhile but I got some inspiration at 2am lol so here it is, hope you like it and thank you for being patient with me :)

Note: This is set in the epilogue so there will be spoilers! Also a tiny bit of smut.

You were riding around West Elizabeth in search of some work after the ranch you were working at closed. Having no luck in Strawberry or the stables you decided to head towards Blackwater.

As you were riding into Great Plains a cougar jumped out of the bushes causing your horse to spook and throw you.
"Damn it!" You shouted landing on your back. A sudden growl snapped you out of your shock and pain was quickly replaced with adrenaline as the cougar slowly approached, ready to pounce.
Unfortunately you left your guns on your horse and he was long gone, so your old rusty pistol would have to do.
You fired off a couple of warning shots as you scrambled backwards to get behind a rock. Unfazed, the cougar continued trying to hunt you, so you attempted to shoot it in the head but because of your shaking hands you missed and instead just grazed the leg of the animal, angering it more.
"Fuck!" Realising you're out of ammo you braced yourself for the attack when a shot rang out and the cougar fell to the ground.

"Hey are you ok mister?" A man said jogging up to you.
"Yeah thanks to you." You said breathlessly.
The man helped you off the ground and introduced himself.
"John Marston." He said shaking your hand.
"(M/N) (L/N) nice to meet you John, sorry I don't have anything to pay you with for saving my life, I don't have a job at the moment." You chuckled nervously.
" it's fine I wasn't expecting payment but I am looking for an extra pair of hands on my small ranch just up the road there, you have any experience working as a hand?"
"Yes I worked at a ranch in New Hanover but it closed down a month ago."
"Well if you want the job the offers there."
"Yes of course, thank you John." You said a bit too quickly.
"Let's go get your horse and I'll show you around." He chuckled mounting his own horse, holding out a hand for you to climb up on the back.

(Time skip)

After finding your horse grazing as if nothing happened, John took you to his ranch as he explained how his wife left him and took their son with her.
He also explained how a man called Uncle lived there but wasn't actually his uncle, a bit confused you just nodded and smiled. You noticed how handsome he was even with the scars on his face but you pushed that thought aside.

(Time skip)

You have been working on Johns ranch a couple of months now and to say that you and John had become close was an understatement, you were together basically 24/7, he even let you share his bed when it was cold in your room.
It was one of those nights, you and John had gotten a little tipsy and both collapsed on his bed and passed out immediately.

You woke up to a shirtless John with his arms wrapped around your waist, thinking it was an accident you tried to escape without waking him up.
You carefully lifted his arm but a hand grabbed yours.
"Where are you going?" He said huskily wrapping his arm around you tighter.
"I...er... well I thought..."
"Come here." John cut off your nervous stuttering with a kiss.
Blushing and nearly having a heart attack you kissed back slowly.
John broke the kiss and started peppering your face with small kisses, slowly moving down to your neck.
"You're so cute." He continued sucking on your neck slightly causing you to let out a moan.
"John..."

(Time skip)

You woke up in Johns arms again but this time you were a little sore downstairs. (lol)
"You ok darling?" John asked smirking at you as he noticed your predicament.
Just as you were about to reply Uncle barged through the door.
"What are you guys doin oh... huh I thought it was weird me being the first one outta bed." He laughed.
"Get outta here old man!" John shouted throwing a pillow at him.
"Ok ok geez I was just wondering when you guys were gonna get up, we need to go to Blackwater to get supplies in."
"Can't you go by yourself?"
"John you know I have terminal lumbago and those heavy wooden boxes will make it worse." Uncle whined.
"You can't keep using lumbago as an excuse but you'd probably just end up in the saloon drinking again so come on then, we'll get ready and then we can go."

(Time skip)

You all arrived in Blackwater but as soon as the wagon came to a halt, you heard a woman's voice calling Johns name.
"John! John!"
"Oh hey Abigail." He said awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.
"Who's this?" She asked pointing at you.
"Oh this is my new ranch hand (M/N)."
You noticed her slight glare on you.
"Ok anyways, can I talk to you in private for a second John?"
"Erm ok sure, (M/N) you just help Uncle with the rest of the boxes and I'll be right back."
You nodded as John and his ex wife went around the corner, even though you and John never made anything official you still felt a pang of jealousy watching him with her.

After about 20 minutes John came back to the wagon looking a little angry and upset but also relieved.
"Hey did everything go alright?" You asked.
"Yeah I guess, she just wanted to talk about getting back together but I told her it won't work, we've tried so many times before to make it work but it always ends badly. I feel bad for Jack but in the long run I hope it's better for him. "
You just nodded, not really knowing how to make the situation seem better.
John spoke up again.
"I was kinda hoping we could...ya know..be together..but only if you want to." He said nervously.
"Of course! I would love to be with you."
"Great now I can do this." John pulled you down an alleyway, pinned you to wall and kissed you deeply.
"Let's get back to the ranch and I'll show just how much I love you."
You giggled smacking his arm.

(Time skip)

As soon as the bedroom door was open you were pushed onto the bed with John immediately on top, undressing you both as quickly as possible.
He slowly enters you before speeding up his pace, making you scream his name."

(Time skip)
You were cuddled with John when he suddenly remembered something.
"Shit! We left Uncle in Blackwater."
"Oh well he's probably passed out near the saloon somewhere." You both laughed.