Chapter 1

I slump out of bed and groan while my feet hit the floor. I turn to my obnoxiously loud alarm clock and smack the top harder than I should. 

"7:00 is too damn early to start school." I murmur to myself.

It's the end of my senior year at University High School, with just 3 weeks left until I'm finally free and ready to graduate. I sigh a breath of relief at the thought of it.

Making my way out of bed, I swiftly run my hands through my hair, trying to tame what ever fly always my restless nights sleep gave me.

I look into the mirror and glance up and down. Staring back at me are dark brown eyes with seemingly darker bags underneath, thick black eyebrows that probably need a pluck- scratch that -definitely need a pluck, and full pink lips that always seem to be somewhat chapped.

I shift my attention to my long brown hair, almost a shade of black, that clearly had no affect on the half-ass hand brush I gave it earlier.

How does one manage to have bed head with pin straight hair? Happy birthday to me" I scoff as I turn away.

"Alexa, play Billie Eilish!" I shout.

"Now playing Billie Eilish, party favor."

I grin as I start to get ready for the day

         ——————

Making my way downstairs, I'm welcomed with a happy birthday balloon banner and a smiling face.

It's just me and my mom now

It's just me and my mom now. My brother and sister are older with places of their own and my parents got a nasty divorce 8 years ago which is why I only see my dad once in a blue moon.

"Happy 18th birthday Aurora, my beautiful daughter." my mom says with happy tears forming in her eyes.

"Mom, please stop crying; I'm still your little girl." I assure her as she nods, embracing me in a hug.

"Okay honey, you better get to school before your late." She quickly exclaims as she kisses me on the head and hands me an apple.

I grab it and head out the door. 

      ————————

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" shrieks a mousy familiar voice.

I turn to see flames of red locks with eyes of emerald green barreling towards me with arms wide open.

"Happy birthday to you as well!" I laugh and embrace her back.

Ember has been my best friend since we were five. Our parents are close so we grew up together.

We share the same birthday so we have always told people we are twin sisters which is kind of ironic since she's ball of bubbliness with freckles that outline her face like constellations and a petite frame looking like she came straight out of a catalogue.

I on the other hand am too reserved for my own good with legs too long for my body and milky white skin that breaks out in hives every time I get anxious, which is often.

"Did you hear that Billie Eilish is coming here!? To San Diego?! She has a concert next Friday at the amphitheatre!" She squeals as she jumps up and down.

"Yeah, I heard." I reply with disappointment evident in my voice.

"Well, what's wrong?" Ember asks.

"She's like your favorite artist Rori." She continues.

"I know Em, and I would kill to see her but I can't afford it with the shitty pay at Jonah's."

Jonah's is a local pizza joint I've been working at since last summer.

"And besides, they are all sold out." I add.

*Bell Rings*

"Oh shit, gotta go; I'll be at your house around 5, does that sound good?" She asks walking away.

"Perfect." I smile back as I shut my locker and head to last period.

" I smile back as I shut my locker and head to last period

       ———————

It's 6 o'clock now. Ember and her mom Christie are over and we just finished dinner and gifts.

"Okay girls..." Christie exclaims with a smirk on her face as she turns to my mom. "One last present."

"This is for the both of you." my mom adds as she hands us an envelope, smirking back at Christie.

We open it up to see two tickets with huge outlined letter reading VIP

No fucking way.

"OH MY GOD!!" Ember screeches jumping up and down and I'm right there with her

"I can't believe it, Billie Eilish VIP tickets!" I exclaim in disbelief.

"Dawn and I have been planning this for a while since we know you girls love her." Christie replies.

"What a better time to surprise you than for your birthday." Mom continues.

Ember and I hug and thank our moms before running up the stairs to my room giggling like the fan girls we are.
_______________________________
Hey guys! This is my first fan fic so I will be writing the a few chapters at a time. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions! Hopefully you like it! :')