Chapter 9

*Knock Knock Knock*

I pull away to see Billie clenching her jaw. She rolls her eyes and turns towards the door. As she gets up, she gives me an apologetic look and heads in the direction of the knocking.

She cracks open the door, enough to see her but not enough to see me and the rest of the room. I hear her talking but I can't make out what the person is saying on the other side, although I think it might be Mike.

My mind starts racing a mile a minute, again. Uhhh, what just happened? Did I have something on my face? Maybe she was trying to tell me something? She definitely wasn't trying to kiss me. I mean, she's straight...Right?

I look over to the door and she's still mid-conversation.

Besides, even if she was into girls, she's so beautiful and I'm - well, me.

The sound of the door shutting startles me as I look up to see her heading towards me.

"I think I should probably go." I say, not wanting to overstay my welcome and also not wanting bring up what just happened like 2 minutes ago.

Honestly, I don't want to fuck things up. There's not many people that I really click with and I'm perfectly okay with just being friends, even if deep down I might want something more. I'm lucky to be in the position and I don't want to push it.

She pouts her lips at my comment which makes me giggle. "You can stay here." "Mike is leaving town today for a few meetings this week." She replies, trying to convince me to stay.

I really, really want to. To stay in this gorgeous mansion, overlooking L.A. with the Billie Eilish. This is like a dream come true. These things don't just happen to regular people like me. But I come down to reality knowing that I have to settle things with Dean and head back for my last week of school tomorrow.

"I would love to stay here with you Bil but I really should get home and figure things out with Dean." And I instantly regret it as her mood changes and letdown meets her face.

"Buuuut, how about we hang out Wednesday after school?" "I get out at 2, it's my last day."

She perks up and a smile traces her lips.

"Sounds like a plan, ma." She says with a wink.

After gathering all my stuff, we make our way downstairs. We pass the living room and notice a few people passed out on the couch.

"Don't they know about the million guest rooms?" I chuckle as we head out the door and to the street.

"This is your car?"

"All mine."

"Damn girl, I knew I liked you for a reason." "This color is sick!"

I start to giggle. As a fan, I know Billie loves neon green and that was one of the reasons why I chose this color. But, I just keep that to myself, I don't want her to think I'm a psycho.

I look down and realize I'm still in her hoodie.

"Oh shit, your jacket."

"Keep it." "It looks better on you anyways."

I can't help but blush. She's such a flirt; but most straight girls are.

I climb into the car and she leans up against my drivers side with her hand on the door and the other against the car. My stomach starts doing backflips.

"Do you think you're gonna end things with Dean?"

I furrow my brows; not only at the change of subject but also at the tone of her voice. If I weren't mistaken, it almost sounds like there's a hint of nervousness in her words.

"I'm not sure honestly...I guess we're gonna find out when I get home, why?"

She shrugs her shoulders and her mood shifts.

"Just curious." A smile forms at her lips. "I'm here if you wanna eat ice cream or get drunk."

"Ah yes, the typical break-up thing to do." I chuckle.

"You're not gonna disappear on me, are you?" She questions with a smirk.

"Just call me Houdini." I reply jokingly.

She laughs as she shuts my door and I start the car. As she starts to walk towards the house I roll down my window.

"Now you see me!" I shout from my car as I then hit the gas and take off, leaving Billie standing there with a smile from ear to ear in my rear view mirror.

——————————————-

The drive back to San Diego alone isn't too bad. I've been jamming out with my iTunes on shuffle the whole time ranging from The Killers and Hawthorne Heights to Drake and J.Cole. There were even a few Billie songs in there which made me smile like an idiot every time they came on.

My music taste has always been diverse and a huge part of my life. Except country, hell no to that. Anyways, if I didn't have music, I wouldn't know how to live. It's my escape. It's a place where I'm not judged and I'm free to just be me.

As I pull in to my neighborhood and onto my street I notice Embers red Mazda in the driveway. Thank god she's okay but I'm really not prepared for her billion questions that I won't even know the answers to myself.

I start to get closer when a black BMW peaks from behind Em's car - fuck, it's Dean.
________________________________

Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to update I've been super busy lately and also writers block lol. This is just a filler chapter so there's more to come!
Thank you all so much xx