Chapter 8

Mayumi's (P.O.V)

I woke up with a start and found myself in a large bedroom. "Where am I?" I asked myself as I held my head. It was hurting bit so I rubbed it to try and ease the pain, but that wasn't working, suddenly the door to the room opened and the last person I wanted to see stepped through it.

"Oh~ you're finally awake~" Gray said as he walked up to me, as he came closer I noticed that he had a tray filled with porridge in his.

"Is that for me?" I asked as I stared at the porridge.

"Who knows" he answered back.

"..." I looked at him with a straight face as an irk mark grew on my head.

"Alright alright it's for you, no need to get angry, I made it" Gray said as he placed it on my lap.

"You made it?" I asked suspiciously.

"What? I didn't poison it or anything" he said.

"Sure" I replied sarcastically.

"Come on Mayumi, just believe me for once" he pleased, I wouldn't have believed him if it weren't for the slight desperation I heard in his and.

"Fine.... " I complied and and sniffed the porridge before I ate it.

"It's....actually....good" I said as I ate more of the porridge.

"I'm glad you like it" I saw Gray give a smile I've never seen before. It looked..... genuine...... I couldn't believe my eyes as I stare at him speechless.

"Unbelievable...." I whispered under my breath, but due to his super hearing ability, Gray easily heard what I had said.

"Hmm, What's wrong?" Gray questioned as he stared at me.

"Nothing..." I muttered as I continued to eat the porridge.

"Thank you" I silently said as I stared into space.

"No problem cutie" Gray said as he winked at me. I sighed at that comment.

"There's the Gray I know" I said as I smiled at him a little. I didn't know what was happening, but right at that moment I felt comfortable being around that jerk. Something was definitely wrong with me and I don't know why.

We sat in a comfortable silence, the only sound heard was the clinking of my spoon against the bowl the porridge was in. It felt...... nice.

Time Skip~ brought to you by chibi Masayume apologizing to the readers~

Normal (P.O.V)

It was the next day and all seemed well, or so it looked like everything was okay but in a forest far away from the Ashford manor, there was a castle that sat in the middle of the woods It was eerie and dark and had an evil, menacing aura surrounding it.

"Sigh... That idiot son of mine, going ahead and falling in love with a human.... A male nonetheless" a dark velvet voice said, a shadow covering their visage only leaving a pair of crimson eyes glowing in the darkness.

"Madam I have the information you requested" a man looking in his thirties said as he handed the figure an envelope.

"Good job Edwin, I'll see to it that you get rewarded for your efforts" the figure said as it emphasized the reward.

"Thank you m'lady" the man know identified as Edwin said as he walked away with a smirk on his face.

"Now then, to get onto more pressing matters" the figure now known as a woman said as she opened the envelope.

She took out what looked like a photograph and a paper with information on it. Scanning through the paper quickly the woman put it back in it's confinement and stared at the photograph she held in her pale, but beautiful porcelain hands.

"His name is Mayumi huh.... How interesting, a new prey to hunt, I can't wait to have him as my own" the woman said as she smiled sadistically, not forgetting to show her pearly white teeth as two teeth were longer and sharper than the others.

To Be Continued