12

everybody at the table freezes.

"uhhhhh....you see-"

"renjun is haechans real name." jaemin butts in before donghyuck can finish.

both renjun and donghyuck whip their heads to face jaemin.

"real name?" mark looks confused.

"yeah. haechan is a nickname we came up with for him back in um elementary school!" jeno joins in.

"ohhhhh.... okay."

donghyuck exhales really loudly and lays back on the chair.

"oh my god i just almost had a heart attack." he whispers to himself.

"what?"

"nothing mark sit down."

"oh! TEN!" donghyuck runs over to the boy standing next to johnny and gives him a fat hug.

"oh my god." the boy sighs.

"i missed you ya know. every time i come you're never here"

"i do that on purpose."

"haha... you love me!"

"im going to change the subject... hello friends of this idiot i'm ten."

they all exchange greetings and now the table is full of people.

"hey ten, how long have you and johnny been together?" jeno randomly asks.

"ahhh... about 4 years now."

"really? jesus. how did you two like.. come together?" jaemin joins into the conversation.

"cool story actually. johnny liked one of my friends and he'd talk to me about him all the time and sometime throughout that he fell in love with me instead!"

"ummm. that is not what happened. you liked me and it was blatantly obvious so i decided to give you a chance THEN i fell in love."

"why does it matter? at the end of it all you still ended up falling in love with me"

"yeah but, you liked me first."

"no. you."

"no, you literally liked me first i can show proof."

"where?"

everybody else at the table decides to just let them settle that and move on to their own conversation.

jeno whispers something into jaemins ear and jaemin smiles.

"so donghyuck. how do you feel about our renjunnie here?" jaemin pops the question.

donghyuck pauses and looks at both of them.

"hmm.. he's really cool and i'm glad we reconnected."

"do you like him?" mark questions.

everybody at the table stops what they're doing and turns to mark.

"ummm... what? i'm just asking."

there's a weird silence before renjun speaks.

"haha i hope he likes me, if not i'll be experiencing my first one sided crush."

the whole table gasps almost simultaneously.

donghyuck looks over to mark.

mark never shows his emotions, he's that one friend that'll always smile no matter what.

and for the first time in what feels like forever, he looks very visibly upset.

"hey donghyuck? we had a project to do remember? we've been here for way too long." mark stands up and grabs donghyucks hand pulling him outside.

"come on! i didn't even get to reply to him!"

mark stops when they make it outside. he grabs donghyuck and turns him so they're face to face.

"what is your reply to him?"

"what?"

"tell me. what is your reply to him liking you?"

donghyuck stops and thinks over what he's about to say.

"oh my god you know what? screw it."

"i don't like him. i don't whatsoever and you wanna know why?"

"because i like you. you stupid idiot."

and with that, donghyuck runs off as fast as he can back to his house.

~~
extra

liked by hellohendery, chenlehehe, and 104 others

nowayjeno: took this in the bathroom of the tall dudes cafe. oh donghyuck what have you gotten yourself into.

comments:
chenlehehe: what is going on? me and jisung feel so out of the loop ('∀`)!!!
jisungparks: ^^ what he said.
nanajaemin: ^^^ dm me