Chapter 5: Blame

Aight time to get my life together have a new chapter!!!!

   Rain poured down over the small village of Phoenix Drop drowning everyone in the sorrow. No one in the village was really able to sleep through Salea's cries of pain.

   When she awoke she noticed that she was in what seemed to be a treehouse. A wave of depression and self hatred quickly took over her emotions and she listened as the rain furiously came down upon the last place her brother had been.

   The sounds of footsteps caught her attention and she saw the same black haired woman walk over to stand beside the bed she was laid out across.

   "Good. You're awake, we were starting to get worried." She said, sadness and slight relief lacing her words. Salea continued to stare out at the rain, her eyes emotionless and broken.

   "Look. I know we got off on the wrong foot before, and I know you're in a lot of pain right now, I was too, but I want to start over. I want to meet the sister of the man I loved.

   Salea looked at her with a sad gleam in her eyes.

   "If you loved him you'd you let him , do it?"

    The woman's eyes eyes widened and she looked down in guilt. She couldn't have known but if she had she would've stop him at any cost.

   "What's your name?" Salea asked quietly getting up from the bed.

    "Aphmau" She said watching Salea stand up slowly.

    "Well Aphmau....despite your inability to protect my brother..." Salea paused to look Aphmau in the eyes. "I would like to become your guard."

    Aphmau's eyes widened "But why I thought you were upset."

   "Oh I am. But it would be my duty to protect the last thing my brother felt he needed to give his life for." She gave Aphmau a broken smile.

    "To protect the last thing he loved. That's all I want to do."

    "It would be an honor to have you here."

     Salea didn't tell them that Zane wasn't really dead. They were already in grief, they didn't need to know that he died for nothing.

    That was her burden to bare.

    And although she blamed both Aphmau and that blond guard....

    She needed to do this because to her...It was the closet she'd ever get to her brother.

Finally it's out bam! God I'm tired but these books will keep going..just very slowly..I'm just dry on writing but it's for the ones who care. Enjoy.