Chapter 8

1 week later

Tobias's POV

Today was the day that we were all going to zip line to say our last goodbyes To our deceased loves ones and to celebrate the first anniversary of the war. When I woke I couldn't find tris, she wasn't beside me so I just presumed she couldn't sleep and had gotten up early. However I went downstairs and she was nowhere to be seen, after waiting about an hour for her I started to get worried but I knew she would be okay. Two hours went by and I was getting anxious, until I heard the door handle rattling. I stopped and watched the door waiting to see if it was Tris. My heart dropped when I saw Christina walk through the door, but then I realised the figure behind her. It was Tris. My heart started beating normally again and I ran up to her and gave her a massive hug. She laughed in my ear and I pulled back.

"What was that for?" She asked while smiling at me. Then her expression changed, maybe because she saw the concerned look in my eyes.

"I was worried sick, I didn't know where you were." She laughed and so did Christina.

"Did you check the fridge door.?" She walked past me and over to the fridge where she ripped what looked like a note off it. Then came back to me and handed it over.

I'll be out with the girls this morning, we are checking the zip line.

- tris

I laughed and gave Tris another hug, I pulled back just enough to stare into her eyes.

"I'm sorry but I was still worried sick." She nodded and gave me a peck on the lips.

We pulled away and joined Christina on the couch, I don't know why she just doesn't move in cause she is always here. No matter how much we tell her she always declines, but that doesn't bother me too much. Everyone was so quiet because today was the day one year ago that we lost our friends and families and for some of the dauntless they killed those people. I couldn't bare the silence anymore so I walked away and ended up in our bedroom upstairs. My family didn't die that day but it still hits me hard thinking about, the thought of almost killing tris breaks my heart as well. I didn't realise she was standing in the door way until I heard her voice.

"It's okay to be upset you know,"

"Yeah I know." She came and sat down beside me on the bed.

"I may have lost both my parents that day, and you lost none, but it's still hard." She paused and it sounded like she was going to cry. "You fought to save them, you did as much as you could. Be proud of that." Her words really hit me and it made me realise that I had to do the zip line today to prove that I am strong and that I fought for abnegation that day for a reason. I stood up and grabbed Tris's hand, then led her out the door.

"Where are we going?" She asked in a shocked tone.

"It's zip line day, so we are going to zip line." Without anything else said we were out of the house and on our way to meet the others at the zip line.