Home (3)

"Ok but about this idol boyfriend," Alice finishes her glass setting it down and turning her full attention to her best friend.

"He was popular awhile back, I might have mentioned it once or twice- I don't know. He's American though."

"But like, that's his job? He's an idol?"

"Well, yeah. He's still with his group and they do a bunch still. He's mostly on the internet though," Dain waved her hand, setting her glass down as turned back to Alice. She reached over, taking Alice's hands into hers and gave a small shake. "Can we talk about him in a minute? It's been four years since we've seen each other and I've missed the hell out of you. I've missed spending hours talking about dramas, music and food. I can't wait to take you to those dessert buffets I was telling about all those years ago. I have so many things I have to show you."

"Pardon me, your luggage is ready." A soft voice interrupted the ladies. A young woman, her head bowed slightly stood opposite of Alice. Alice-alarmed at the bow, went to stand and mimic the action when Dain held her hand out to stop her from bowing too far. The young lady kept her head down for an extra moment and then slowly lifted her head. Dain stood up, adjusting her purse strap on her shoulder and nodded to Alice.

"Thank you, will you show us the way? Come on Alice, let's go home!"

It took nearly an hour and a half for Dain and Alice to finally make it to their new home and by the time they reached the entrance, Alice was certain Dain had been hiding something.

"We're just up ahead," Dain pointed to a cluster of large white buildings hidden behind tall grey stone walls. Alice frowned; this place looked incredibly expensive- how could they afford something as high class as this? Dain veered to the car to the left, turning into a guided pathway before a security booth. Dain quickly rolled her window down, flashed her ID and what looked like a laminated pass before the guard waved her through, pressing a button resulting in the long metal barrier to lift.

"You're kidding me, right?" Alice choked out, staring at the white stone buildings and a large sign that read Welcome to Hannam Hill.

"About what? This is our complex, we're not too far-four more buildings down." Dain pointed to the building further on her right as she slowed to a stop sign.

"I'm not an idiot Dain, I know what Hannam Hill is. There is absolutely no way we could afford this. This is for like CEO's and royalty. Is this where your boyfriend lives? Are we running by his place first?" Alice reasoned, that being the only logical reason why Dain had brought her to a multimillion dollar apartment complex.

"Ha! He's nowhere near that successful. He lives near here, but not here- no."

"You aren't answering my question."

"We got a good deal, don't worry." Dain flashed a smile, only to meet Alice's cold stare.

"I will kill you, Dain."

"Always with the violence," Dain rolled her eyes, accelerating to the stop sign before pulling into the building she had pointed at. There was a deep slope that cut just after the sidewalk, allowing for parking underneath the actual building. Dain pulled the car down a few empty spots before whipping the car slowly into a spot with a sign above it stating 542. Dain took a deep breath before turning the car off to face Alice. "Look, my family is in real estate but most recently they bought an entertainment subsistery and over the past 20 years they've become quite successful. My brother is head of the music department and was recently living in our new apartment but a new penthouse became available so he bought that. Instead of selling his old one, he is renting it to us at half the cost. It's reasonable and it's only logical that we take advantage of it. We're 20 minutes from work and 15 if we drive. Plus this place is ridiculously awesome."

Alice sighed, biting her lip as she looked around the parking lot. There had only been a few cars in spots, those cars costing more than Alice made in a year-maybe two. It wasn't that she wasn't grateful for this place, she just really hated feeling like she might owe someone something. She shook her head and sighed.

"How did I end up in a drama? At what turn in my life did that happen?"

Dain chuckled, opening her door and heading to the trunk.

They each grabbed what they could before heading to the elevator to their new apartment. Dain explained there were two apartments per floor so thankfully the elevator didn't open up just to the home. The only floor that was pure apartment was the penthouse which required a separate pass and keycode just to open. The elevator responded to either a keycode or a pass, both of which Dain provided Alice as they stood waiting for their floor. In what seemed like seconds, they had reached the 5th floor with a ding, the solid silver doors opening with a hiss. Dain escorted Alice to the grand door on the left.

"There's both a key and a code, security is super tight here so just don't forget to input the code before you turn the key otherwise security gets notified and we get an unexpected visit." Dain explained while she did both then quickly pushing the door open.

"Is there an instruction packet with this place...and can it be in English?"

"You are asking a lot there, snowflake." Dain laughed carrying Alice's bags inside.

"Is that my beautiful girlfriend? It's been 84 years since I've seen you and all I've been doing is slaving away for her to have beautiful home I don't even live in."

Alice immediately looked at Dain with wide eyes. She recognized that voice. The voice came shuffling towards them, giving Alice zero time to scold Dain on once again leaving out an important detail. A tall but muscular man with a wide grin and pearls for teeth approached Dain without regard to Alice. His long black jeans that hugged his thighs in an unforgiving way, draped in a baggy sweatshirt that went well passed his hips- he was without a doubt a carbon copy of how he appeared on the shows Alice used to frequently watch. The caramel kissed skin peaked through when he enveloped Dain in a massive full body hug. He dipped his head into Dain's shoulders, a messy chocolate and vanilla mix of hair resting on her collarbone.

"Jae, can you not? I was gone for three hours not three days. You're making a terrible first impression to Alice." Dain lightly shoved her boyfriend away, the latter returning a small pout. Her boyfriend turned to Alice and she knew she would need all her professional training to restrict her first reaction. He grinned, his promaniate jawline presenting itself as if it was on stage. He took two steps to stand in front of the still shocked and frozen Alice, he adjusted his thick black rimmed glasses before reaching out a hand to her.

"Hello! It's so great to finally meet you, Dain talks about you a bunch. I'm Jae Hyung," He smiles softer- deciding his full grin could come off too strongly.

Alice gives a hesitant smile in return, summoning all her courage to lift her arm and shake his hand. Internally, she felt a million explosions occurring and she desperately hoped it wasn't visible- she had the worst poker face.

"Hello, I'm Alice. You'll have to forgive me- Dain does talk about you a lot however she failed to mention some key details." She felt that was as rational as she could get. This way if she fumbled or stuttered too much, it could be covered by her being caught off guard which she really was.

"Oh? Like what?" Jae asked, removing his hand to run it through his mop of hair. He gave a coy smile that let Alice know he just wanted to hear she was a fan.

Alice looked over at Dain with a sigh, seeing how her friend was not going to help her in any way as she had started moving past the foyer and down the hallway. Jae smile moved to a smirk as he picked up Alice's suitcases while she adjusted her bags.

"Like you're in a band she knows I listen to, she practically introduced me into k-pop and k-rock." Alice resigned, deciding she was just going to have accept that she's a fan in front of an idol.