Ramen (23)

A week later and Alice's head is planted firmly on her top of her desk.

"It's not that bad, stop being so dramatic." Tatsuki says, placing a hot coffee cup next to her. She sighs, lifting her head and cupping the drink.

"They rejected my proposal for ink and wood work. I didn't even get the chance to give estimates or work out logistics."

"They all spoke English in the meeting, Alice. Baby steps, that's a huge improvement."

Alice huffs and sips her liquid caffeine. Tatsuki rolls his eyes and takes the seat opposite of the desk.

"They rejected it because you didn't have a plan. Talk with Namjoon and Jungkook- get some figures and pictures and try again. Any luck on getting the rest of the group to come around?"

"No, I haven't spoken to anyone since last week. Namjoon left with Jin and he seemed to be in a state."

"That needs to be your priority. I'll message Seojoon to see about getting some more contacts."

Alice frowns and opens her desk drawer to grab her phone. Spring was coming up and she is losing time to plan and nail things down. She needs to get the members on board if she wants to knock this event out of the park.

22 KakaoTalk notifications

She clicks on the app to see several lines of communication with new messages.

Jungkook: are you available for lunch today? My practice ended early and I figured I'd treat you to ramen if your up for it.

Namjoon: I have some friends visiting. Drinks on Saturday evening to talk art?

The rest of the notifications came from a group chat she was in with friends from back home. Usually the chat consists of the latest theme park up to dates and rarely some random kpop drama occurrences. Alice decides to check that one later after deciding to respond to Jungkook first.

Alice: yes! in 30 minutes is fine if you can make it.

Alice switches conversations to reply to Namjoon.

Alice: I can do Saturday! Let me know a timeframe!

Alice gets a ding of a notification.

Jungkook: perfect. I'll be there in 20. I'll wait in the parking lot. let me know when you can walk down and I'll meet you out front. You remember my car right?

Alice: I'll call when I get downstairs and hope for the best. Hope I don't get in a strangers car!

"You better bring me back lunch if you are going out." Tatsuki states with a raised eyebrow.

"You gonna get in contact with Seojoon?" Alice counters looking up from her phone.

Tatsuki coughs and rolls his eyes as he gets up to walk to his desk and grab his phone.

Jungkook: Text me on your way down and I'll meet you in the lobby. Stranger danger.

Alice chuckles at the response before placing her phone face down on the desk. She considers the implications of her going out with Jungkook. She can't call it a date, he didn't so that would be overreacting. She considers Brian and the fact he's been flirting with her since day one and then there's Namjoon to think about. He never outright flirt with her but it was subtle. Choosing to ignore the other men in her life at present- she grabs her little make up bag and heads to the closest mirror to inspect herself real quick.

Twenty minutes later and she's walking towards the elevator and messaging the idol she was on her way. She waits for the slow decent to the lobby and begins to wonder if having him meet in the lobby was such a good idea. She recalls the incident with the secretary that Brian had and Alice immediately knows she will recognize Jungkook if he's not subtle. She bites her lip and decides to warn the man while her lift comes to a stop on a random level. She shuffles to the side and pulls her phone out again.