Chapter 1

On a flight to Delhi

A man was sitting comfortably on the seat and enjoying the view next to him. No, not the view outside the window but the one sitting next to window. "I am so glad that we will be working together again, Tarika ji," he asked flirtatiously. The lady looked at him and said, "Abhijeet ji, you are Assistant Commissioner of Police. It won't look good if you will flirt like this." Abhijeet grinned and Tarika shook her head, chuckling at his behaviour. "But I agree with you, it will be good to work together in Crime Branch, Delhi," she said. Abhijeet smiled. 

The flight had landed. Abhijeet and Tarika moved out and were soon on their way outside the airport.

Outside Airport, Delhi

Abhijeet and Tarika were greeted by a police officer. "Senior Inspector Arjun reporting, Sir." Abhijeet shook hands with him and introduced the lady. "She is Dr Tarika. She will be in-charge of the forensic lab." Shaking hands with her, SI Arjun took them to the car. And soon they were on their way to the Head Quarters. 

Abhijeet asked his junior, "So any new case?" "Yes sir. A new case has been transferred to Crime Branch, just before I left the Head Quarters. I have instructed Inspector Almas to collect all the information about it."

"What is it about?" asked Tarika. "Four doctors have been killed in the past one month," replied Arjun. "Four, did you say?" asked a surprised ACP. "Yes Sir. And I don't think we have any clues or even suspects." Abhijeet sighed, "Great. Really great.

Head Quarters

As soon as they reached the Head Quarters, Tarika went away to take charge of the Forensic Lab, while Abhijeet and Arjun reached conference room where a lady police officer was waiting for them.

"Inspector Almas reporting Sir," said the lady officer. Abhijeet nodded at her and said, "Brief me of this new case. I hope you have all the information ready?" Almas noddeda and began speaking, "The first murder took place on 15th May, 2019. Dr Ranjit Verma. A gynecologist. He was found dead in his private clinic by his helper, Raju." Saying so, Almas stuck the picture of the victim and the witness on the board. 

"Second murder took place on 22nd May, 2019. Dr. Jennifer D'Souza. Again a gynecologist. She was found dead in her cabin in Government Hospital by wardboy, Anuj Shukla." Sticking up their pictures, the lady cop told her seniors about the two other victims, Dr Karan Sharma and Dr Sheena Mishra. Their bodies were discovered in their private clinics by their helpers Umar Khan and Vihaan Srivastava, respectively.

Abhijeet nodded appreciatively at Almas. She smiled and continued, "Sir, all are victims are doctors, gynecologists to be specific. They were all killed in their clinics or cabin, as in the case of Dr D'Souza." Arjun, who was a mute spectator till now, spoke, "There is one more thing in common. They were all killed on Wednesday. 15th May, 22nd May, 29th May and then 5th June."

"What was the modus operandi?" asked the ACP. "They were all stabbed multiple times. Though no one heard them screaming. I have asked that the corpse of Dr Sheena Mishra be sent to our Forensic Lab," said Almas. Abhijeet nodded. He looked at the board carefully and said, "Call these four witnesses here for interrogation. And remember we don't have much time. We will start our investigation from scratch." The junior officers nodded. 

___________________________________

So, how is the beginning???

~Purnima