Chapter 4

Friday, 7 AM

Abhijeet and Almas were on their way to the interrogation room. "Sir, the doctors had a very good record. There is no such case where they failed. I even checked for some other rivalry but there is absolutely nothing," said Almas. Abhijeet nodded. This was definitely a blow. He had expected to find something of use. "Let's see what Dr Sheena's husband has to tell us."

Interrogation Room

Abhijeet and Almas sat in front of the Mr Ajit Mishra. Abhijeet asked, "Sir do you suspect anyone?" Mr Mishra shook his head. "No. Why would anybody kill her. She was so calm and helpful. She would never hurt a fly." Abhijeet sighed. The only thing he hated about his job was when he had to talk to a person who had recently lost someone. "What was her daily schedule?" asked Almas. "From home to clinic. And on Sundays, she used to go to her another clinic," said Mr Mishra. The officers looked at him. This was news to them. Abhijeet spoke, "Almas, take the details of this another clinic." She nodded.

Conference Room, 8 AM

Arjun entered the room and spoke, "Sir, I have checked with the other patients. Vihaan, Raju, Anuj and Umar - all four of them were speaking the truth. What is the news here?" "Dr Sheena had another clinic. Once Dr Tarika gives us the forensic report, we will leave for there," Almas informed her senior.

At the same time, Dr Tarika entered the room. She walked towards the ACP and handed him the file. "The murder weapon is definitely a knife. Judging by the depth and number of the wounds, it seems as if the murderer hated the victim. There must have been two people. One held the doctor's mouth to stop her from screaming, while the other used the knife." The three officers looked at her, digesting the news she had shared. "One more thing," she continued. "The knife was coated with poison.

"So the murderers wanted her dead," Abhijeet said. "Not just her. All the doctors. Whatever I told applies to all the victims. And yes, while I was examining the crime scene, I found a fake eyelash. Now anyone in their right mind won't visit a doctor with fake eyelash, so he or she must be in disguise," said Tarika.

"Interesting," said Abhijeet. Tarika smiled. "Anyways team. Let's go."

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

Friday, 9 AM

The ACP, along with his two officers, stood in front of the clinic in a secluded area of the city. Their were no houses nearby just a local Dhaba (a place to eat). On seeing the place, just one thought entered their mind - Why would someone build a clinic here? They entered the clinic together. 

"Sir, there is an operation theater here," said Almas, as they looked around the place. Her seniors inspected the place. "I don't have a good feeling about this," said the ACP. The two officers looked at him. He continued, "Bring the dhaba owner over here. He must have seen something. If there is an operation theater, there must have been someone to assist her." Arjun nodded and left the place. 

Almas looked at the documents present. "Sir, these are medical reports. I think we should take them to Dr Tarika." Abhijeet nodded and said, "Take everything to the lab. Dr Tarika might be able to solve this mystery.

By that time, Arjun returned with the Dhaba owner, Lakhan Chowdhari. "Did you see this woman here?" asked Almas, as she showed him the photograph of Dr Sheena. "Yes madam. She came on every Sunday. And then some people visited her. And there was a man also with her," replied Lakhan. "What did he look like?" asked Arjun. And so Lakhan began to describe. "Sir, this description matches to Vihaan. The man who had found Dr Sheena's body," said Almas. Abhijeet looked at her and said, "Show him Vihaan's photograph." Almas did so. 

"Yes madam. He was the one," Lakhan said, shocking the three officers.

_______________________________________________

So, how is it?

~Purnima