Chapter 3

Thursday, 11:25 PM

A man, dressed in black pants and cream shirt, walked into a two room house. He had white hairs and beard and looked around sixty years of age. He was stopped by two men, guns in their hand. "What work do you have uncle?" one of them asked. The old man coughed and said, "I want to get some one killed. Where is Vikram Bhai?" "You have cash?" they asked. "How much do you want?" the old man asked back. One of the two men, moved forward and searched him. Finding nothing suspicious, he ushered the old man into the second room. 

The another room was empty except for a few tables and chairs and three men. Two of them were sitting in the corner and playing cards. They were facing each other, and one of them had their back towards the old man. The third, Vikram Bhai, was looking intently at the old man. The man who had accompanied the old man left the room. The old man coughed and looked around. The two men outside were visible to him but they weren't looking at him. The two men playing cards also did not have their attention on them. He diverted his attention to Vikram Bhai and coughed four times in succession. 

"Whom do you want to be killed?" Vikram asked. The old man handed him an envelop. He diverted his attention to the envelop, which was sealed and soon heard three gunshots. His four men were killed. Two of them were killed by the same bullet. And the other two lay dead in the next room. He looked at the old man, who was now taking out his fake beard and wig. And soon ACP Abhijeet stood in front of him. Vikram picked up his gun but it was taken away from his hand. He saw the smirk on ACP's face. The reign of Vikram Bhai was now over.

Soon the place was surrounded by police men, dressed in casuals. Vikram Bhai was led to the police jeep. 

Crime Branch, Delhi
Friday, 2 AM

The three officers had interrogated Vikram by every means but he stayed firm on the fact. He had not sent anyone to kill the four doctors. Neither did he know the eight people whose sketches have been made. They had sent him the prison, from where he would be presented in the court, and had come back to their Conference Room.

"We are back to square one, Sir," said Almas. Abhijeet nodded. He rubbed his forehead. "Do one thing. Call Dr Sheena's family here tomorrow. And Arjun, tomorrow morning, personally go and verify the statements of the Vihaan, Raju, Anuj and Umar from the other patients who were present at the crime scene." Arjun and Almas nodded. "Go and have some rest. Tomorrow morning, 7 AM," Abhijeet instructed. 

~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~...~

Abhijeet walked into the Forensic Lab. "Dr Tarika, you haven't left yet," he asked his colleague. The forensic doctor looked at him and said, "I was just leaving. Tomorrow morning, 8 AM, you will have the report in your hand." Abhijeet nodded and settled on the chair. He once again rubbed his forehead. Tarika shook her head. She rubbed some balm on his forehead, making him smile. "I heard you killed two goons with one bullet," she asked. Abhijeet chuckled and said, "I am a sharp shooter for some reason." They both shared a laugh. 

"I am not able to find out the motive behind the murders," he whispered to her. She drew a chair and sat near him. "You will Abhi. I have full faith in you." Abhijeet sighed and she continued, "Why would someone kill a doctor? The most prominent reason to murder a doctor is because he failed to save someone. But four of them in a similar way?" Abhijeet looked at her and smiled. He called Almas. She answered the call in two rings. "Almas, I want every single information about the patients, who were treated by these doctors and could not survive." Tarika smiled and whispered, "Let that poor girl sleep."   

__________________________________________

So, how is it?

~Purnima