i. troubled mind

CHAPTER ONE
troubled mind
( IRL & IMESSAGE )
mackenzie

mackenzie ziegler or kenzie as she preferred was making her way towards the school compound, with her freshly bought airpods stuck in her ears. she enjoyed her fifteen minute walk to school because the scenery always seemed to calm her troubled mind.

she was schooling at northwood high, a school which her family has been going to for generations.

as soon she reached the school compound, kenzie instantly spotted her friends; joey birlem, annie leblanc, hayden summerall and lilia buckingham. they were standing around her locker.

'what's up bitches' kenzie said as she jumped towards them.

'this is the first time i've ever seen you so excited for school kenz' annie chuckled out, with a smile.

'well have yall forgotten that today's our last day as sophomores?' kenzie stated cheerfully.

the group of friends shook their heads at her as they made their way to class. the five of them shared algebra first period, the only class they shared together.

upon reaching the class, the group of five sat together at the back in single file. they greeted their teacher, ms giselle, who was handing out their weekly assignment.

after settling down, ms giselle decided to make an announcement.

'may the following students see me after class. joey birlem, mackenzie ziegler, hayden summerall, annie leblanc and lilia buckingham. thank you' ms giselle said with a subtle smile.

the group looked at each other, uneasily, before proceeding to text each other other the desk.

BITCHES BE BONKERS

kenzo🦋 ( kenzie )
j🐉 ( joey )
anns🍓 ( annie )
hey hay😹❤️ ( hayden )
lia👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 ( lilia )

J🐉
hayden
what tf did u do?

LIA👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩
i swear to god hayden-

KENZO🦋
summer vacation's tmr
& we better not be in some
sort of trouble

HEY HAY😹❤️
for god sake
i didn't do anything
this time.

ANNS🍓
well if it ain't you,
then why do we have
to see this bitch
after class?

HEY HAY😹❤️
well how the fuck
would i know.

J🐉
let's just pray that we
aint in trouble or this is
gonna look so bad on
my record

KENZO🦋
since when did you care
about your record?

J🐉
well i did after my mother
gave me a three hour long
lecture about my grades
yesterday.

HEY HAY😹❤️
nerd 😭😭😭