v. half-eaten burgers

CHAPTER FIVE
half-eaten burgers
( IRL & IMESSAGE )
sophia

sophia looked around the cabin which she was sharing with joey and kenzie.

"kenzie seems really sweet, i should get to know her more" sophia thought with a smile.

sophia unpacked her things from her bag as she stared at the door. she was supposed to meet her friends at 10 in the morning in front of the entrance but it's 11 now and they're nowhere to be seen.

"i'm going to look around" sophia said as she gave a small smile.

"i'll follow you" kenzie said, cheerfully.

sophia nodded with a genuine smile. joey stood up and looked at the pair.

"i'll go too" joey rolled his eyes playfully.

sophia opened the front door as the other two followed closet behind her. all of a sudden, she stopped in her tracks.

"what the actual fuck" sophia muttered.

joey looked ahead of him to see what happened to his usually brave and optimistic cousin. sophia's friends, johnny, lauren, asher and lexi were laughing at the main entrance of the camp site with a bag of half-eaten burgers.

sophia ran away with tears falling down. her friends lied to her. they said they were to busy to go to the camp site together but here they are, eating and laughing with food?

kenzie noticed what happened and stared at joey who had was clenching his fists.

"joey hey, calm down and stay here alright? i know how you will react when you're angry. i'll catch up to sophia" she rushed out, half-smiling.

kenzie ran after sophia and saw that sabrina's 'friends' were staring at her. she rolled her eyes. however to her surprise, a brunette from their friend group was running after sophia.

after forever, kenzie finally found sophia sitting by the ocean with the same brunette.

"are those jerks your friends?" kenzie said, as she sat beside sophia.

"well, they're your typical westford jerks" the brunette said as she shrugged her shoulders. "i'm lexi, soph's best friend" the brunette named lexi added.

"i'm kenzie. what happened back there?" kenzie said.

"well..." sophia pauses, as she thought about the previous conversation she had with her so called 'friends'.

IMESSAGE.

WE RICH O WHATEVA

juan knee🦦( johnny )
laur🧜🏻‍♀️ ( lauren )
lex🍒 ( lexi )
ash🤬 ( asher )
princess soph😳✨ ( sophia )

PRINCESS SOPH😳✨
my dear friends <3
can we all meet together
at the mall before heading
to summer camp together?

LEX🍒
sure.
i'm down😌

LAUR🧜🏻‍♀️
uhh,
how about no?
i've got a shit ton
of things to pack.

JUAN KNEE🦦
true that

PRINCESS SOPH😳✨
oh..
ok then.
seen

lexi and kenzie went and hug sophia after hearing her explanation.

"i'm so sorry soph. i shouldn't have went with them. all they did was badmouth about others. it was horrible" lexi said, with a small frown. "but to make it up to you, i brought you this" lexi continued, passing sabrina a bag filled with in-n-out burgers.

"wow, you didn't have to" soph said, with her mouth left slightly ajar.

"kenzie right? you could have some. i brought extra burgers, there's plenty for you and your friends" ariana stated, with a sincere smile.

kenzie laughs as she said, "you're too kind. but i'm pretty sure there's a no outside food and drinks policy".

"what's life without a little bit of trouble?" lexi whispered with a smirk.

the trio laughed and hid the bag of burgers near a bench which was located beside the ocean. they planned to come back to it during the middle of the night.

they stood up and headed back to their cabin. sabrina managed to put on a smile because of both lexi and kenzie's comforting words. but in all honestly, she didn't know how she was going to face her other westford friends.

kenzie opened their cabin door and saw a figure standing in front of a bed.

"who's that" kenzie whispered.

"johnny orlando. he's the biggest selfless jerk you'll ever meet. but he can be really nice. at times" lexi whispered back, unsure of the last part.

the guy, also known as johnny, turned around and his face was red with anger.

"lexi, why the fuck are you hanging out with a rival? an ugly one if i would add" johnny said.

kenzie, who was smiling before, now had a huge frown plastered on her face.

"i mean i would understand why soph would be hanging out with them because she fits in perfectly with those lowlife freaks but you?" johnny added, through gritted teeth.

joey, who was lying in his bed, stood up and made his way towards johnny.

"hey man that's no way to talk to a girl." jake said, clenching his joey

"whatever. i'm too tired to waste my energy on you northwood losers" johnny said as he left the cabin, after slamming the door shut.

"that son of a bitch" kenzie muttered softly.

AUTHOR'S CORNER
this is so mf cringy i'm sorry😔😔 i'm debating on whether i should rewrite this chapter? what are your thoughts?