*Prologue*

The night was dark. So dark that no one could see the two shapes moving towards the little house where the Potters resided. Voldemort was not happy about this. If he could, he would like to avoid the whole incident. Had not the prophecy been spoken, he wouldn't have to do this.

Everyone believed Lord Voldemort to be a cruel man incapable of love. This was far from the truth. He may be known as the dark lord, but that doesn't mean he is evil. The world just misunderstands his motives. He doesn't want to exterminate all thing muggle, rather separate the two worlds so that they don't destroy each other. Wizards may be the superior race when it comes to some things, but their technology could get rid of the magical world as they know it.

Muggleborn wizards would get a choice whether they want to stay in the magical or the muggle one. If they chose the Muggle one, their magic would be cut off so they can't access it. If they chose the magical one, their communication with the muggle one would be severed. It is not wise to let the muggles to have knowledge about them.

In addition to this, Voldemort wants to give all creatures back their rights. Rules and laws will have to be put in place, but that is expected so that they can maintain the peace.

Another issue are the squibs. They are written off as unimportant in their magical world, and often abandoned or killed so they can't shame their family. They wrong the Squibs. Squibs does have some magic, even though they can't access it. They can fly brooms, brew potions and learn occlumency and legimency. Therefore, the way the ministry is now, are taking away their rights as people from the magical world. Voldemort wants to give them a choice to either stay in the magical world or join the muggle one. If they join the muggle one, they will receive basic knowledge on how it works, and get their memory of the magical world wiped. If they choose to stay, they will receive an invite to a school who has subjects that doesn't require wand waving. It is an alternative to Hogwarts so they can have a job and stay in the magical world and don't feel left out of the society.

While thinking of all the changes he could make, Voldemort arrived at the chosen house with his right-hand man, Lucius, who had nothing better to do. They hated the idea that they had to get rid of the child, but it was either that or the continuation of Dumbledore's manipulative ways.

Inside the house, they could see panic. Shadows were moving, which indicated that they had seen them. With heavy hearts and frowns upon their faces behind their masks, they moved to the door. With a simple alomahora spell, they were inside. They were met with James Potter and his raised wand. Before Mr. Potter could utter a word, Lucius had stunned him.

With swift feet, the duo moved upstairs towards the nursey, which they could hear murmuring from. Opening the door, they were met with the sight of Lily Potter standing protectively in front of two cribs. In one lay a sleeping boy, and in the other a crying girl. They were identical, if not for the obvious colour choices on the cribs, they would be impossible to differ from each other.

Stunning Mrs. Potter, Voldemort made his way towards the two toddlers. He could sense powerful magic from the boy, in comparison to her brother, the girl could almost be considered a squib. The boy opened his eyes, as if he could sense Voldemort standing over him. His eyes were a peculiar shade of Aveda Kadevera green. Staring into the eyes, Voldemort felt his resolution waver. He couldn't do it, but he had to. For every other magical being that existed in the world. Swallowing hard, Voldemort read the name plate, Hadrian James Potter it said. Voldemort met Hadrian's eyes again and began to speak. "I am so sorry little one. If it were up to me, you wouldn't have to die." Voldemort bent down and began caressing the boys face with long slender fingers. Hadrian leant into the touch and blinked owlishly up at Voldemort. "I would just like to say that you are a beautiful child, I can sense immense power from you." Smiling a bit Voldemort continued, "This wouldn't be something that would need to happen if it wasn't for that manipulative old fool. It is because of him that I am doing this." Leaning down, Voldemort kissed Hadrian's forehead and wiped away his own tear. "Good night Child, may you find peace in the afterlife."

Standing up, Voldemort mentally prepared himself and sent of the killing curse. It hit Hadrian square in the forehead, where Voldemort previously had kissed him. What neither Voldemort or Lucius had counted on, was that the curse would rebound and hit Voldemort. This happened because of Hadrian's natural magical shields, though they were destroyed in the attack. Voldemort started to crumble to dust and turned into a spirit, which in turn latched onto the closest living animal, a bird. While this happened, they didn't notice that a fraction of his soul separated from him, and latched onto Hadrian's brand-new scar and hid.

Under the whole ordeal, Hadrian hadn't made a single sound. He just sat there and slowly fell asleep once more. Lucius was astounded. His Lord was gone, or Tom as he had managed to get him to call him, bested by a mere child. Even though Lucius knew that it was the child's fault, he couldn't blame him. He was a toddler and couldn't be blamed for this. So Lucius did the only logical thing. He disappeared and gathered the Death Eaters, he had plans to make until the dark lord returned.

What he didn't see was that due to the magical reaction, some glass ornaments fell and cut little Hannah on her cheek, creating a V. How, no one knows.

*

Waking up, James took a moment to remember why he was on the floor. He remembered ushering his wife upstairs with his children. Then the next thing he knew was that two guys in masks came in and stunned him.

Remembering his wife and children, he rushed upstairs and into the nursery. There he saw his wife waking up. Rushing over to her, to make sure she was okay, he realised that he could hear crying. Helping her up, they both went over to the two cribs. In the one to the right they saw their daughter crying, with a mark on her cheek, which bled and was definitively not there before. They looked over at their son, to find that he slept peacefully.

It didn't take long before Albus too many names Dumbledore arrived. He had come as fast as he could after getting the message that the wards around the house had been breached. Rushing up to the nursery, where he knew that the Potters currently was, he hoped that the child of the prophecy had been made.

He was met with the sight of the two parents cradling their daughter close to their chests. Their son entirely forgotten. Smirking internally, Dumbledore declared Hannah the-girl-who-lived and watched with silent glee as the boy was forgotten.