Tragedy, why you so mean

First year went by in the blink of an eye. Hadrian had gotten even closer to Draco, if that was even possible. They were inseparable, like twins. Or, that was at least what Ron said, and he should know, he did have twin brothers after all. They had gotten a tight knitted group. It consisted of Hadrian, Draco, Ron and Blaise. For them, the year was peaceful. They were all at the top of their classes, or mostly at least. Well, Draco and Hadrian competed for the top spot in all their classes.

The year hadn't been totally peaceful though. Hadrian was constantly followed and bullied because of his sister's hatred for him. He had even ended up in the hospital wing once. Hannah had pushed him down the stars, as they moved. If it wasn't for Ron catching him, he would maybe have died. He ended up in a coma lasting a whole week. Ron and Draco had awaited him to wake anxiously, sitting by his bedside as often as they were allowed.

Hadrian made a full recovery, but he still has a problem with one of his knees. It can't always bear the weight of his own body, but it's not often.

While they had their own schoolyear, Hannah had a weird one. She apparently broke a lot of rules and got awarded points by it. Gryffindor won the house cup, because Dumbledore awarded them a ridiculous amount of points at the end. A hundred points for doing something that they shouldn't even do? And what is it that they are hearing? Hannah facing off with Voldemort? Yeah, not likely.

The second year, more trouble came brewing. If that was even possible. People got petrified randomly, and there was talk about the Slytherin heir. People started accusing Hadrian because he is in Slytherin and is so quiet all the time. This rumour got shot down pretty quickly by Hannah. If Hadrian was an heir, so was she, and she refused to be seen like that.

The petrification's stopped abruptly during Yule time. Coincidentally Hadrian found a black diary, once belonging to a Tom Marvolo Riddle. This diary became special to Hadrian, it could communicate with him, and they became sort of friends. Hadrian wrote whatever bothered him, and the diary responded with advise and kind words.

Third year, nothing special happened. Hannah though managed to be an even bigger thorn in the silver quartets sides. Draco, Blaise and Ron protected Hadrian, or their little dove as some had begun calling him. Hadrian was flustered every time someone used that nickname. He hadn't thought that they would find out what his new middle name meant. It was his own fault though; Columba wasn't exactly the most common name.

Fourth year had not yet begun. Or, it had. The main event of the year is about to pass, or begin.

Hadrian and his friends were anxious. They could feel something horrible was coming up.

Currently they were at the feast where the champions were chosen. Hadrian sat squeezed between Draco and Ron, cradling the diary to his chest while holding the pendant he got from Draco so long ago, with Blaize across them. Even though Hadrian was fourteen now, he was still precious to the three boys, making them want to protect him.

Draco started to card his fingers through Hadrian's shoulder length raven hair, and Ron rubbed circles into the small of his back. They tried to eat, but it wasn't that easy. They all had a bad feeling about this. Blaise looked over at his friends and boyfriend with sad eyes. He also wanted to comfort him, but he let Hadrian's pseudo brother and closest friend handle it. For a moment though, his eyes connected with the silver eyes of his boyfriend, and they shared a concerned look.

Their attention was suddenly on the headmaster when he started naming the champions. Viktor Krum from Durmstrang and Fleur Delaceur from Beauxbatons. The quartet held their breaths when the Hogwarts champions name came. It was Cedric Diggory. Everyone in the group let their shoulders relax, and Hadrian sank into Ron's side, exhausted by the anticipation.