Turnabout Wilds, Part 4

March 4

Courtroom No. 2

10:45 AM

Lily Shield

"Hm... What should we do next...? Let's hear from our witness again," Robbie announced, crossing his arms over his chest. "I believe she'll be able to provide us with some quality information about something relating to the case. To be specific, I want to know about the files brought to the preserve the day of the crime."

"The files?" I echoed with a frown. I didn't understand at first why he would want to hear about them, but it dawned on me soon after. The police didn't know where the files had gone, as they had been found in the desk of the preserve's owner, and they hadn't searched through there. If they had, the files would have been taken by the police, and yet, I had them on me now.

"Yes. The witness and defendant mentioned that the three in their group had brought files to the preserve, and yet, we have had no luck with locating them. I think it's time for us to hear about where the witness thinks they might be. After all, if we want to find the truth behind them, we'll need to find the files and look through them ourselves," Robbie explained.

"I think I can talk about the files, yes," Ms. Amaya nodded. "I hope it helps..."

"Don't worry about that now, witness. Just tell us about the files you brought to the preserve on the day of the murder," Judge Frost told her.

"I'll get right on it then," Ms. Amaya said.

~ Witness Testimony ~

~ The Files ~

-"I brought a few files with me to the crime scene the day of the murder."

-"They explained the details of the case. Included was the list of tax violations and when they had taken -place."

-"We were set to ask the preserve owner or some employees about them, but that chance never came."

-"I had been carrying the files in my purse, though they were kind of crinkled in order to fit inside."

-"When I fell unconscious, somebody must have taken them, because when I woke up, they were gone."

-"I don't have a clue where they might have gone..."

"The files were taken from the crime scene after the witness fell unconscious, as you can see. The same applies to the victim. The defendant supposedly had the same files on his person as well. However, none of them have been found. It is unknown where they went or who took them at this time, unfortunately," Robbie frowned.

"It looks like it's time to use a certain somebody's words against them," I smirked to myself.

"You look like a super villain right now," Cormous joked, to which I just rolled my eyes.

"Please begin your cross-examination now, defense," Judge Frost instructed, to which I nodded. There was no reason to hold back now. This would drag Mr. Hernan onto the stand in no time, as this was coming straight from the horse's mouth.

~ Cross-Examination ~

~ The Files ~

-"I brought a few files with me to the crime scene the day of the murder."

-"They explained the details of the case. Included was the list of tax violations and when they had taken -place."

-"We were set to ask the preserve owner or some employees about them, but that chance never came."