The Falsified Turnabout, Part 3

April 1

Investigation Room No. 1

4:00 PM

Deirdre Brigit

The woman continued to stare at us for a moment or two longer, and I got a better look at her the longer I gazed. Her hair was a brown color, though not much of it could be seen behind her black hood. I saw something shine around her eyes, which were hidden by the shadow of her hood as well. She looked me over as well before turning and leaving.

Victoria, Yuri, and I shared a brief glance before following after her. She had a considerable head start, so we had to go fast. She was nimble, easily slipping in between any people that crossed her path. A few times, she looked back to see if we were still there, but she never got into a full out sprint. Instead, she was merely walking, waiting for us to catch up.

The woman turned around a corner and seemed to disappear shortly after. I looked around, hoping I could catch a glance of her once again, but she was gone. I let out a sigh and shook my head.

"Um... What are you doing here?"

I looked around upon hearing the voice. Soon after, I realized who had spoken. It was Prosecutor Wood. She was holding a book to her chest tightly as she looked up at me. 

"Hello, Prosecutor Wood," I said with a small bow of my head. "I didn't expect to see you here. Do you need something?"

Prosecutor Wood shook her head. "N-No... What's wrong? You look like you're trying to find someone," she frowned.

"Did you happen to see a woman with brown hair come through here? She should have been wearing all black and hiding her face," Yuri told her.

"No, I didn't... I just got here myself. I needed to drop something off for Da--erm, Chief Prosecutor Bespoke. Prosecutor Lin wanted me to give him something. Apparently, he left something back at the Prosecutor's Office," Prosecutor Wood explained.

"Is he the prosecutor on this case?" I asked.

Prosecutor Wood nodded. "Yeah... He's working with Anton. You know him, right?" she questioned.

"Of course. He's small and cute. He's Anton," Yuri grinned.

Prosecutor Wood looked at us for a moment before noticing Victoria. "I-I don't believe we've met before... My name is Niamh Wood. I'm a prosecutor," she said nervously.

"I'm Victoria von Graye. I'm a new attorney working at Morix Law Offices," Victoria explained. "It's nice to meet you."

"Come to think of it, Chrysalis mentioned a while ago that new people were coming to the agency," Prosecutor Wood murmured.

"Do you know where she is? Mukuro came by earlier asking for her, but we can't really point her in the right direction, I'm afraid," Yuri told her.

"I don't remember seeing her today... Sorry about that," Prosecutor Wood replied. 

"It's okay. We wanted to talk to you about a few other things either way, if that's alright," I cut in. "We heard about details regarding this case from the witness, and we figured you might know something else about the motive behind the crime."