Turnabout Below, Part 6

May 30

Courtroom No. 6

10:40 AM

Cotoli Morix

Detective Erikson walked up to the witness stand not long after Ghastly called for him. He had his hands in his pockets, and he was focused on looking at the ground. I watched him intently, wondering if he had found out anything else about the case. I couldn't say for sure, as it seemed to me like he was lost in thoughts about something else, but I didn't know if it was related to the case or not. Regardless, I would likely be finding out soon enough, and when I did, I would hopefully hear that it was going to go in my favor.

"Please state your name and occupation for the court," Judge Frost declared, looking down at Detective Erikson solemnly.

"My name is Toby Erikson. I'm a homicide detective at the local precinct. I'm also the lead detective on this case, so I'm here to testify about the basic facts of the case," Detective Erikson replied.

"In that case, feel free to go ahead. We got most basic details from the opening statement done by the prosecution, but if there is anything you would like to add, go on and explain it," Judge Frost said.

"I'm actually going to share some extra details about what the victim was doing just before her death... Well, it's more like her disappearance. We don't know when she died, but we do know that she went missing, and I can say what she got up to just before she vanished," Detective Erikson told him.

"Of course. Go on ahead and explain it," Judge Frost instructed with a firm nod. "We'll all be waiting."

~ Witness Testimony ~

~ What Dee Fence Was Doing ~

-"Before she died, the victim was working on trying to hire a new lawyer for her agency."

-"Said new lawyer was one Marcus Moore. He was known for disappearing for many years, only showing up once again when he was trying to apply for this job."

-"She wound up rejecting his application to work at the agency, though none are quite sure why."

-"He wanted to talk to her about why he turned her down, so they arranged to meet up one last time to talk about it."

-"However, such a meeting seems to have never been carried out. We have no proof about it happening or not, I'm afraid."

-"We can't ask Marcus Moore about it either, as he vanished once again as soon as the victim disappeared as well."

"Well then... This Marcus Moore man is odd if he was involved with all of this. He appeared to speak with the victim, but he went missing soon after he finished talking with her. I would like to ask for details about this man soon, specifically after this testimony is over," Judge Frost declared.

"I'd be happy to offer more details when the defense is finished cross-examining the most recent testimony," Detective Erikson told him. "For now, perhaps we should go on and begin the cross-examination. That would help to speed this process along a little bit."

"I would agree," Judge Frost nodded. "Defense, if it's alright with you, it's time to get into things. Go on and begin the process of examining the testimony."

"I'll get right to it," I said, sharing a brief glance with Victoria as I spoke. This was all old information to me and Victoria, but we were going to have to look at it with a fresh eye to find something that would prove Polly didn't do it. Pointing fingers at Marcus Moore seemed like the best idea, so we would just have to find something that made him seem suspicious, which as far as I could tell, would not be difficult at all.