☼ Chapter III ☼

picture; Lorelai Ylisove

song; "Fear The Fever" by Digital Daggers - it's such a good song. Play it now!

author's note; I've been working really hard on making sure to develop character relationships really well. Sonya and Lorelai's relationship is incredibly close, so I'm taking my time in portraying that clearly very early.

Also, thought it'd be helpful to tell you guys how some of the names are pronounced:

Lorelai Ylisove ~ Lor-uh-lie You'll-ih-sov

Ankiel Ylisove ~ Ayn-keel You'll-ih-sov

Siern Reinove ~ Seern Ray-nov

Codaihme ~ Co-daym

Aven Vierseut ~ Ah (like the "a" sound in apple)-ven Veer-sut

Seilyar ~ Sell-ee-ar

Siekrov ~ Seek-rov

Sorcha Preudova ~ Soar-cha Proo-dove (like "dove into the pool" not like the bird)-ah

Meisente ~ Mih-sen-tay

Dalyhke ~ Da (like the beginning of Dad)-lick

If there's any I missed, you guys can let me know and I'll tell you how they're pronounced. Comment + Vote, enjoy!

___________________________________________________________

I guessed Sawyer really had some distaste for Genevieve.

I wondered if he was just biased though because she obviously didn't get along well with someone who was close to the person he cared most about in the entire world—his Mate, Eloize. Curiosity burned me as I neared closer and closer to Genevieve's office.

I raised my hand to knock on her office door but the sound of glass shattering on the other side rushed to meet my ears. My eyes widened in panic and I pushed the door open quickly to see Genevieve cursing under her breath.

She turned to see who walked in, and a beautiful smile spread over her face.

"Sonya, please, make yourself at home." Sarcasm dripped through her tone and my eyes turned down to the cup she must've accidentally dropped.

"Sorry, Mistress," I cut back dryly, a sly, small smile slithering onto my mouth. Genevieve scowled at my use of her formal title. "I thought you were hurt or something." My tone had turned serious now as I sauntered inside.

"I can assure you I am well-passed fine, Princess." Genevieve poured herself another drink with a new glass and offered one to me as well.

Her normally pale skin was slightly pink around her cheeks and she seemed even more serene than she usually was. I knew the bourbon was quality and did well to thoroughly warm me from the inside out. I accepted the glass and took a swig before sinking in to the seat on the other side of her massive black oak desk.

"How was your first lesson?" Genevieve sat across from me and levelled her beautiful cerulean eyes directly on me. I remembered suddenly how I used to be intimidated by her icy gaze, but I'd grown so used to their intensity that I was now completely unfazed.

"It was interesting." I started, leaning back and sighing, swishing the bourbon up around the glass nonchalantly. "I feel kinda dumb though since I know basically nothing about the Unknown World and even less about how my own body works apparently." Genevieve raised a brow, curiosity skittering across her face.