Fearless

~Inspired by the song Fearless by Taylor Swift~

It's been a week since I did the interview as Dreamer for Kara, and since then Brainy and I have worked together every day. We started meeting up at my house so we could work in private, but he's seemed slightly, distant almost like he's hiding something. I try to ignore it, I figure he'll tell me when he's ready, but I can't help feeling like maybe he's not hiding something and it has something to do with what I said on the interview. I mean I did say that I love cute nerdy boys who think too much, and while I didn't say him specifically or what kind of love, i think it was pretty clear. Maybe he's upset about it, upset that I said it on a very public broadcast or upset because he already knew that I liked him and he had told me that nothing could happen between the two of us and i said it anyway. Both of those are very valid reasons and he has every right to be upset with me, but I just wish he'd talk to me.

I heard a knock on the door, I jump up off the couch to answer it. I'm not expecting anyone, Brainy had already been over earlier and my roommate is out of town for the rest of the day. I open the door and see Brainy on the other side. "Nia Nal," He says sounding surprised.

"It's my apartment, who did you expect to see?" I ask confused.

"Well, you." He says quirking his eyebrow in the way he does that makes my heart flutter.

"So why do you seem surprised to see me?" I ask,

"I wasn't surprised, I was just... not prepared." He absentmindedly runs his hand through his long hair, god he's gorgeous.

I try to clear the thought out of my head, "Prepared for what?" I ask confused.

Brainy's hand is shaking, something that I have never seen him do, my mind immediately worries if he's okay. He takes a deep breath and I'm so confused, he's never like this. "This," He says quietly, my heart races and Brainy takes a step forward. He places his hands on either side of my face and places his lips on mine almost exactly how I had done at the hospital. At first, I'm a little shocked, Brainy made it pretty clear that nothing could happen between the two of us and now he's here kissing me in my doorway. I wrap my arms around his waist loosely feeling a little brave. It's obviously not our first kiss, given that I kissed him at the hospital, but it's flawless, really something, it's fearless.

Brainy pulls away slightly but leaves his hands resting on my cheeks which are now probably quite flushed. We stand there for a moment in silence, the only noise is the sound of our combined breath, but I'm sure he could definitely hear my heartbeat. My mind is racing trying to wrap my head around what just happened. I hear my neighbour begin to twist their doorknob to open the door and realize we're still in the open doorway. I quickly pull Brainy inside and close the door behind me.

"Hi," He says softly looking into my eyes. I spun quite awkwardly when I closed the door, so now my back is pressed against it and Brainy is standing extremely close to me.

"Hi," I laugh, I'm still feeling quite brave so I lift my hand to his face and I twirl a piece of his long dark hair. I lean in and kiss him again, not too gently, but not too forceful either. I feel him slide his hands across my waist and pull me closer to him. "So you changed your mind?" I ask him when he pulls away.

"I was thinking a lot about facts and calculations, what would happen, but then I was thinking about what you said about intestinal inclination, and about what wouldn't happen and how I'd feel if I didn't go for it." He took a step back to give me more breathing room. I let my hand fall to my side. "I also thought that today would be a good day seeing as it's the last Thursday of April."

I don't understand how it being the last Thursday of April matters at all, but then it hits me, the broadcast, "I love Thursdays and April and nerdy boys who think too much." I whisper.

"It's a good thing that I happen to love gorgeous, brave, kind hearted girls who stand up for what they believe in, but there's this one in particular who caught my eye...." He trails off, he lifts his hand to my face and runs his thumb over my cheek.

"Oh really?" I place my lips on his again, he fumbles with his hands, not knowing what to do with them. "What are you doing?" I ask,

"Overthinking," He replies honestly.

"Well then stop thinking and just kiss me." I say,

"I think I can do that," He lowers his hands to my waist, pulling me toward him again as he kissed me passionately. I run my hands through his hair, I had always wanted to be able to play with his hair. Brainy pulls me away from the door and we stumble over to the couch not taking a break to navigate my apartment. We trip over a basket sitting on the floor and Brainy lands on top of me on the couch.

Just then I hear the door open and the familiar voice of my roommate, Yvette. "Damn it, girl, I knew I shouldn't have come home early." Brainy quickly scrambles off of me and falls onto the floor in the process, his face is redder than mine, and that's saying something. "At least you've got good taste, I'll leave you two alone and let you finish whatever you had going on here. Text me when it's safe to come back." She opens the door again and steps out of it, locking it behind her.

"Well that was a little bit awkward," I say,

"I'm sorry if I embarrassed you," He looks over at me, his hair is a bit of a mess, but god he's so cute, I can't handle it.

"Of course you didn't embarrass me, she just walked in at an awkward moment without any context. And she told me I have good taste then left the house very suggestively. If anything, she embarrassed me." I smile at him and offer him a hand up.

"How can one leave suggestively, what was she implying was going to happen while she was gone?" He took my offered hand and sat down next to me. "Oh, oh!"a blush crosses his face as he realizes what she meant.

"Don't let her get to you," I say laughing, I lean in and kiss him quickly and softly.

"Would you like to 'Netflix and chill' as they say?" Brainy asks.

I nearly choke laughing. "I really don't think that means what you think it means," I reply.

"I do not understand," He says quirking that damn adorable eyebrow again.

"I would love to put on a movie or something and relax if that's what you meant," I suggest.

"That is what it means is it not?" Brainy asks.

"That's definitely not what it means," I reply with a smile, not giving him any hint that I'd be okay with what it actually does mean. Brainy gives me a questioning look. "It's, um, very suggestive," I say blushing.

"Oh," He says, "that definitely isn't what I thought it meant," he blushes slightly and lays back against the couch.

I smile at him and grab the remote, then I lay back against his side. I put on a movie, but all my attention is on the warm pressure of Brainy's skin in contact with mine.

...

I don't remember falling asleep, but I wake up lying against Brainy, who is still sleeping, he looks so peaceful I just want to cuddle into him, so that's exactly what I do and I place a kiss on his forehead.