Chapter Four

"Now, let's do the Airplane Pose," Mrs. Abigail, the camp's yoga instructor, announced as everyone returned to their normal positions from their previous yoga pose. Standing in front of a large room where its walls were replaced with mirrors, she bent over and allowed one leg to hover in the air as she clasped her hands. "And we'll hold this for a full minute. Try to maintain your balance but if you fall, just get up and do it again."

The campers copied the pose on their blue yoga mats. Some glanced back and forth between Mrs. Abigail and themselves in the mirror behind her, making sure they were doing the position correctly. Then there were the other children threw goofy facial expressions at each other through the mirror.

Davina followed Mrs. Abigail. Yoga had always been known to be a great anxiety coping mechanism yet she never tried it. Every Wednesday yoga lessons were held for her group of campers so hopefully, she'll learn enough to take home with her whenever she's anxious. It was difficult to stay still for an entire minute on one leg since she didn't have the greatest balance in the first place.

"You think she's gonna make us do doggy style?" Reese whispered as she did the pose beside Davina. The lesson began about an hour ago, leaving thirty minutes until lunchtime, and with every pose they did, the tall girl brought up a random sexual position.

A laugh vibrated in Davina's throat but refused to let it escape. She knew Mrs. Abigail heard every single one of Reese's comments and grew more irritated; she didn't want to add onto the woman's frustration. Shaking her head with a smile that attempted to stay hidden, Davina rolled her eyes and brought her focus on the activity they did before yoga; baking.

Every day, a different group of campers were required to bake everyone in the camp a dessert to snack on after dinner. For Davina and Reese's group, which they called themselves 'Dudes' because of the various times Reese called them the nickname, they had been asked to make brownies as the nightly sweet treat.

They stood in a separate part of the Cafe's kitchen, all the children given tasks to do. Since there were so many people in the camp, a lot of brownies needed to be made. Pairs of kids took turns stirring their bowls of ingredients while Davina and Reese kept eyes on them, making sure anything prohibited on the grounds wasn't being added.

"So, what'ca like to do for fun?" Reese questioned, leaning against the counter and crossing her arms over her chest, "besides dreaming about me?"

Rolling her eyes, the tan girl's eyes danced around the children. She didn't want to look away for a second, just in case something were to happen. "I like to do makeup."

"What kind of makeup?"

"I mostly do regular makeup; I have a little business where I do people's makeup for their birthdays, weddings, etcetera. But I love doing special effects makeup more, I just never have the opportunity."

"Special effects? Like zombies?"

"Yeah but I like to do the gory stuff more. Once, I painted this huge gash on my cheek, like a really disgusting cut, and scared everyone in my family."

"That's awesome! Do you have any pictures?"

"Mhm. I have an Instagram page dedicated to it so my camera roll doesn't take up all my phone space. I can show you at lunch if you want."

"Absolutely. Who knew you would be into that kind of stuff?" Reese chuckled, an impressed expression spreading across her face. It was obvious she assumed Davina to be into something serious like becoming a doctor or a lawyer. When she was proven wrong, it was difficult for her to believe.

Understanding that the comment wasn't meant as an insult, Davina simply just nodded her head and shyly tucked locks of hair behind her ears. Not many people asked about her hobbies so someone showing fascination about her passion felt odd, but she liked it. "What about you? What do you like to do?"