This-

Okay, coming back to this chapter because I stated some of my opinions wrong and some of my views changed sjsjsjsjs I wanna rewrite this whole chapter but I have no energy to actually do it

~~~~~~~~~~

That's the one thing I don't like about the Hamilton fandom. They changed a badass gay into a soft and pastel boi uwu
(Still somewhat true but damn. Past me is so aggressive in this chapter lmao)

Like, I get some people like that John is a turtle boi, pastel boi, soft, short boi. I just- that's how some people actually envision him when they hear ' John Laurens '. C'mon, one of his first lines in the musical was about fighting redcoats (excluding the first song) That's how our guy gets introduced. I get headcanons and stuff but- still.

This annoys me. The guy drew one turtle and now he's suddenly obsessed with turtles. Didn't he eat turtle soup once? I read about that somewhere.
Funny how when I first joined the fandom, I was all about the turtle boi. Johnny was a adorable turtle gay. That's what I was introduced to at first, so naturally, it was what I agreed with. (That's also the reason why I hate my first book. I was all about turtle boi and I honestly just wanna erase it or at least rewrite it. For some reason, people like it so-)

((Edit: its cool if you like turtle boi but don't go over the top with it and know how to separate fandom from historical. I'm cool now with John liking turtles, as long as you don't exaggerate it. "Hey Alex! I just found a turtle and I'm taking it back to put him with my other 20 turtles!!!!" That's just- oof. Turtle thing is fine but don't go over the top, you know? Him having one turtle or a nature phase is cool tho))

Then, I started reading what Purple_Ghost_1782 had to say. (Thank you for changing my point of view on John-)

Let's view the characters, shall we?

Eliza is known as the cinnamon roll uwu
She wasn't. Historical Eliza was the best.
(Historical Eliza was alright. Still love her but that orphanage discrimination thing makes me sad-)

Alexander is known as the whore who can't say no to sex and is a sleep deprived, coffee addicted, workaholic.
He wasn't. Historical Alex wasn't that much of a bad guy. I'm not defending him but people make him seem worse than he actually is.

Peggy is known for being the obnoxious, loud shipper of everything. Basically a walking meme. Its funny but sometimes people go way over the top.

Angelica is mostly displayed as a badass feminist who can and will roast you. I don't think that one is that bad-
(Haha, now I absolutely hate Angelica. All versions. Anyways, moving on-)

Hercules is known for being a tough but soft guy who loves making clothes.

Lafayette! Oh my god. This always confused me but why is he displayed as a female with a dick? In most fanfics I've read, he's either a trans female to male or a male who acts really feminine. I'm not saying that's bad but why-? This dude literally fought in the Revolutionary War and was a fucking badass.
((There's absolutely nothing wrong with making him feminine! I state that again because it's true. I've just noticed how fandom Lafayette is usually associated with femininity

George Washington is the dad of the gang. George Washingmachine. George Washingdad.
It isn't wrong since he was like a dad-

James Madison! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH- I never liked how he was always the sick boi who would never hurt a fly and is in desperate need of Thomas's protection uwu
Historically, wasn't James Madison a dick? I read somewhere (but forgot where) that when Jefferson's wife died, he wasn't sympathetic at all. There was a comic about it on Amino!
((I now know that Madison wasn't a dick but I still don't like him. Oops))

Thomas Jefferson is known for being the- macaroni obsessed guy who always wears magenta and is usually sassy. (Oml. My phone auto corrected sassy to daddy. I can't breathe-)
Well, I don't see this that much in the fandom but when I joined in 2017ish, it was a big thing.

I'm trying to think of more characters. Gimme a second--

Oh! Samuel Seabury! I actually don't know that much about him. But the fandom just-
Samuel is the soft, religious boi uwu.

Maria Lewis.... How is she portrayed by the fandom?

Uh- Aaron Burr. I've seen people portray him as the depressed dude who is done with everyone's shit.

I didn't mean to rant on this topic but I couldn't help it. I'm sorry :')

Before any of y'all call me a hypocrite for being against the ' John is a turtle, soft boi' and still reading fanfics with him portrayed as that- I just like reading Lams. My library is full of Lams. I will read any story that's a Lams fanfic. I can deal with the headcanon but I don't really like it.

Butttttt- if you wanna read a story where John isn't a soft turtle boi that is actually really good- I recommend stories by lafayeet
The ballet story is so good. It has long chapters and I really like the way they portray him. It's such a good book.

Okay. This is the end of the chapter.
I'll stop now. Next chapter will actually be a meme and won't contain 934 words of me ranting about the fandom version of John Laurens-