BLM & Pride

Hey y'all. This isn't really a meme chapter- I'll probably post one soon but I have to say something about what's been going on recently. I want y'all to know that I haven't been silent about the protest. I've been talking about it a lot, just not in this app. Instagram is where I've been sharing and stuff.

You'd have to be living under a rock to not know what's been going on. As you know, George Floyd was murdered. It was unjust and he did not deserve to die. He was telling the police officers that he couldn't breathe and they didn't stop. He went unconscious at the scene and ended up passing away, sadly. The police officer knew what he was doing. How can you kneel on someone's neck and expect them to still be able to breathe??
George was murdered.

I completely support the BLM movement. POC (people of color) aren't treated as equals. I've never been treated rudely because of my skin color, at least I think I haven't, but as a latina- I know some of my people get discriminated too. I have had it. We've lost too many people to police brutality and it isn't right at all. It's unbelievable that we have to protest this stuff in 2020. We are all equal to one another. No race is superior, no gender is superior, no one is superior. We all bleed the same.

Credits: Palomaloid on Instagram

I wanna share this piece of art because it really speaks out to me. If you look at the drawing, you can see that Laurens is crying. That just breaks me. He wouldn't want to see what is going on in the world right now. He was an abolitionist as we all know. He wanted slavery to end and it did but black people are still treated as less. If he was alive today, I fully believe that he would be enraged and standing alongside POC. John Laurens did not die for this. It's sad that after hundreds of years, they are still treated badly. There has been progress over the years but racism still exists.

I'm not the best at speeches and I can't put everything I feel right now on here but this whole movement has my support. If you're white, you can't deny that white privilege exist. Use it and help speak out.

#BlackLivesMatter

········································································

On a lighter note, today is June 1st. Happy Pride Month!

Please be careful right now- with pridefall and all. If you haven't heard about it, it's basically homophobes trying to harm and threaten people from the LGBTQ+ community. They are sending hate messages and videos that can be found disturbing. PLEASE STAY SAFE. If you get a weird message with a link, do not click on it. I've heard that it can send you to a graphic video, a r**e video, and other awful types of videos. It's recommended to make your accounts private but that choice is entirely up to you. Just please be careful. I don't want any of y'all to be hurt.

^^that wasn't very positive but it was just a warning!
Regarding actual pride month, be proud of who you are! You are fully accepted! If not by your friends or family, I want you to know that this is a safe place! I won't judge you and many other people of Wattpad won't judge you either for being who you are.
If you're gay, that's great!
If you're lesbian, that's great!
If you're bisexual, that's great!
If you're pansexual, that's great!
If you're transgender, that's great!
If you're non-binary, that's great!

You are accepted for who you are! If you're out of the closet, good for you! If you still haven't come out, that is completely okay! Not everyone is prepared to come out, take your time. You are still gonna be loved. ❤❤

 ❤❤

Take these images I have on my phone from 2018 amino during pride month

Stay safe y'all. If you're attending the BLM protests, please be careful. If you get any weird messages, it might be a pridefall account so watch out.

I love all of you❤ you are all valid and so important, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.