🌸Chapter 7🌸

Tamaki's Pov~

The air around us seemed to grow heavy and awkward as Hadou gingerly glanced back and forth between us. The coach hummed loudly as I pressed my face against the window pane, observing the clear raindrops that streaked the glass.

It was announced earlier that morning that we would have a trip to the USJ for extra rescue training.

I sat next to Mirio shuffling uncomfortably in my seat, I could feel his intense stare lingering on my face, causing a rosy hue to dust my features.

He doesn't care...

The silence hung heavy on my shoulders, making me slouch into my chair.

"Hey guys!" Hadou chimed, from the row in front.

I gave a weak nod in her direction and Mirio masked on a fake smile mumbling "Hey".

Her eyebrows furrowed at our response but she decided not to pry, instead slumping back into her seat.

I continued to scan the outside scenery with weary eyes until a familiar masculine voice cut through the silence.

"I-"

"It's fine. I'm fine." I snapped, more to myself than to him.

He exhaled a long sigh, running a hand through his golden locks.

"Don't let this come between us, Tamaki." His voice was smooth and sweet like sugar, but it left behind bitter taste on my tongue. I cowered away, simply nodding my head in agreement. I didn't want to face him right now.

He seemed unconvinced by my meek response but, thankfully, he stayed silent.

Time skip to the USJ~

I felt enormous chestnut speckled wings sprout from my back and I curled them around my torso letting their warmth cradle me. I don't think Tamaki has grown wings in the anime/manga but I'm going to assume he can.

The cheerful voice of Spitfire, an upcoming pro hero, rang out through the class. "Remember kids, if a dummy is harmed in any way, shape or form, it will not count as a point!" She paused. "Remember working as a team is key to success, we haven't made things easy for ya!"

She continued to ramble on about our task and my attention was diverted back to my chestnut wings that where securely rapped around me; I ran my fingers through the length of my long feathers, admiring the sensation of it's soft fluff brushing against my finger tips.

"Three"

My head snapped up to gaze at the teacher who had begun to count down.

"Two"

I unfolded my wings, stretching them out to their full extent, flexing my new found muscles.

"One"

Before the bewildered young hero could say anymore an army of determined teenagers, that I call me class, dispersed into the USJ.

With one powerful flap of my wings I was launched into the air, soaring high above my classmates.

For a moment time seemed to stop, and I indulged in the peaceful silence.

My eyes wandered over to my classmates who were scurrying out to the different zones of the USJ and I wasn't surprised to see that Mirio and Hadou had made their way to the front of the scram.

I dived for the flood zone, pressing my wings flat against my back, wind gnashed at my face as I picked up speed. I pulled up over the water surface, letting my wings skim the aqua blue.

I landed roughly on a compact boat, letting out a low grunt as my back clashed with the polished wood of the upper deck.

Why do I even try anymore?

I lay there devoid of all movement, as self-hurtful comments swirled through my mind.

Until...

The sinking feeling of being watched dawned on me.

Something wasn't right.

"What a pretty little birdie" a psychotic laugh cooed.

This isn't part of the test.

"I think I'll add you to my collection" The voice contorted into a demonic growl.

I lifted my head in effort to get up, only for it to be slammed into the deck, a worn down black boot now blocking my vision. A searing pain exploded throughout my brain and I violently bit down into my lower lip in attempt to muffle my yelps; the familiar taste of iron spilling into my mouth.

"Oh don't worry! I think you'll fit in just fine..."

He raised his boot so that it hovered over my face and in that moment I caught a glimpse of hollow amber orbs, stripped of all emotion, leaving a hollow shell of insanity.

He brought his foot down into my face and I was drawn, once again, back into the realm of darkness.

Hey I'm alive! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Recently I've been creating more fanart so I decided I'd make a Bnha art book. If you're interested please check it out. ❤️

This is the current cover for my book, I say current because the art is still in progress.