🌸 Chapter 17 🌸

Mirio's pov~

A battle ship cutting through the sea, his dawn was close. The putrid scent of Chemicals was excruciating as his acid pealed away his own skin leaving fresh pink flesh beneath. A hunger for destruction roiled beneath his skin. The lust for it blazed in his eyes and bled into his quirk, which, by now, was letting of intoxicating plumes of gas the same vile shade of mustard as his hair. He wreaked of hospital, of bad news, and most of all death; death of my best friend and unrequited lover, that fact alone was enough to ignite a growing rage in me, one that burst across his skin in simmered down tremors. I was scared, I couldn't deny that anymore. Scared of the hatred brewing inside of me. He had taken the sun, my sun, away from me and I was the cold arctic shell that remained, a barren, snowy desert; untouched, unloved. Frozen.

The man outstretched his hand, thin crooked fingers reaching toward me.

Hadou's pov~

I grazed my finger across starch white walls, tugging the douvet closer as a chilly bite nipped at my toes. The room, or more so cell, was a garish white reminding me all to much of the psychiatric hospital I'd visit as a young girl. The sickening way my fathers head lolled back onto his shoulders a stark image in my mind compared to the other wispy memories of my child hood.

It had been three days since Mirio's disappearance and the hero commission feared the worst. Fated to die by the hands of those who took the life of my best friends, they had said, a pitiful excuse for the sin of locking me up like a rabid dog in the pound, just to 'keep me safe'. I was a hero, in training or not I had a right to fight for my life, not rot in a cage waiting for fate to play my cards.

The lock securing the door clicked and swung inwards on silent hinges. I sat up, my periwinkle locks flowing freely down my shoulders in intricate waves. I made no move to leave my bed, a pathetic attempt at rebellion against the outrageous circumstances forced upon me.

A metal chair raked against the tiled floor, dragged in by a man with slicked back tresses and sharp suit that matched the shaded specs teetering on the bridge of his nose. His complexion reminiscent of a mafia boss. I inwardly cringed as he tossed the fold-up chair opposite me, it squeaked in protest as it's legs clawed at the floor. He seated himself and proceeded to cross one leg over the other, leaning casually into the back of the chair. "Mrs Hadou" he greeted with a jut of his chin and limp half-assed wave. "I presume you know who I am".

I propped up my cheek in one palm glazing my eyes over him once more "Well let's see. Swanky suit, shaded glasses and all round resemblance of a mafia boss, you must be from the commissions office". There was a bite to my cheerful tone, one that cracked an amused grin across the mans face.

"I'm a lawyer. Your lawyer".

Mirio's pov~

I found myself teetering on the edge of consciousness, the battle had been a rough one, both sides scuffed and bruised. A swollen bruise was blooming beneath his right eye, an ugly shade of mauve, and I clutched the fragile remnants of my shattered elbow. Fatgum had been left in the dust as the battle had grown more intense and migrated to the streets.

We faced each other, chests heaving in the steamy air as we wobbled in place.

"It's over", my hoarse, barely audible, voice ripped through our ragged breathing, "You've lost". My voice box screamed at me to shut up, each syllable leaving my throat scratched and sore.

He took a daring step towards me, a gesture that may have been intimidating had he not been pummeled minuets prior. "It's over when you're at your knees begging for mercy", he spat, a single dribble of blood spurting down the side of his face from a re-opened gash.

"Good work" Fatgums familiar gravely voice echoed from behind Tei, who's head snapped awkwardly on his neck as he desperately surveyed the scene for the source of the voice. Large arms snaked round his waist and Tei barely had time to curse out before he was consumed into a bone-crushing 'hug'.

"You can leave the rest to me". Fatgum plastered on an artificial smile as he clasped the quirk inhibitors over the younger males wrists.

The drive was deathly quiet, all sourly contemplating the events of today in bitter regret. We had apprehended the unhinged villain promptly seated in the back, yet our leaden hearts felt no rejoice at the bitter-sweet victory. Victory, could we even call it that? Tamaki was gone and all we had to show for it was a clinically insane villain and a bloodied rag.

3rd Person View

The males dirty raven tresses hung ragged in his face, liquid gold orbs flickered behind them with a look that could only be described as predatory as they surveyed the carnage. He chuckled, not out of amusement but of frustration. An amber haired male joined him by his side, curious chocolate brown eyes staring at him inquisitively, much like a puppy. The ravenette ran a crafted hand across his scalp, huffing as he withdrew his now grimy fingers. "I leave you two for five minutes...". He cast his eyes over the wreckage, then back to the male beside him, grimacing as a lopsided smirk adorned his sharp features. He sung out in an amused sarcastic laced voice, "It was a little more than that, Riyu".

Hi, I'm alive.