Chapter Seventeen: Being in Love

“My parents want to meet you,” Sergio said getting off the phone with his mother, he was a little annoyed that his parents were coming to Madrid and they were insistent on meeting Bailey and Una.

The weekend had been a mess since the pictures of Bailey and Una had come to light, they hadn’t been able to leave the apartment without being mobbed; Sergio was furious and was doing his best to protect them.

“Lo siento,” Sergio murmured wrapping his arms around Bailey and hugged her, he hated that everything was splashed across the newspapers; it was making life difficult for the both of the right now.

Bailey shook her head as she kissed Sergio, she loved him and she didn’t mind that this was happening; she just wished that she didn’t have to worry about Una’s safety whenever she left the apartment.

“It’s okay,” Bailey said as Una started to whimper, she pulled away from Sergio to go and collect her daughter; the paparazzi were relentless and more than once they had gotten to her front door.

Sergio watched his girlfriend and daughter, he worried for the both of them and he was starting to believe that Bailey’s apartment wasn’t safe enough for them.

“I’m putting my house on the market,” Sergio said carefully walking over to his girls, he watched Bailey as he tried to think about how to word this.

Sergio wanted them to live together and he was already looking for an apartment that the three of them could call home; he had even started to consider school’s for Una.

Bailey looked at her boyfriend, she was curious about where he was going with this; she chewed on her lip as she sat down nervously.

“I’m looking for an home nearby and I want you and Una to move in with me,” Sergio said softly kneeling in front of his girlfriend, he didn’t think it was too soon for this and the new apartment was going to have the best security possible; it would keep them safe.

Bailey opened and closed her mouth, she didn’t know why she was so surprised by what he had said; they were technically living together now and had been for weeks.

“Sese,” Bailey murmured staring up at him, she watched him wondering if he truly meant what he was saying; they were moving rather quickly and it set her on edge in the six weeks that they had been dating.

Sergio stepped forward and cupped Bailey’s face, she was beautiful and he wanted to spend every morning waking up beside her; she was what he had always wanted in a partner.

“Te amo,” Sergio said smiling at Bailey, he had never said those words to her before and he was ready to say them to her now.

Bailey felt her heart flutter at Sergio’s words, she kissed him softly as she wrapped her arms around his neck as he held her close; she couldn’t believe that he had said that he loved her, it seemed so unreal.

“I love you too,” Bailey whispered pulling back slightly from Sergio, her green eyes meeting with his brown ones as he brushed some hair from her face.

***

Sergio smiled fussing over Una, he chuckled as the four month old babbled happily as he played with her; it was one of the best parts of his day and he knew it was something he would never get bored with.

“Who is the prettiest little girl in the world?” Sergio cooed settling Una on his toned stomach; he grinned at her, he would never be able to walk away from her.

Sergio had always wanted to be a father and he was willing to take that step with Una, he loved the little girl as his own and had shared a lot of special moments with her since he had come into her life.

“You’ll have a new bedroom soon,” Sergio said as Una pouted a little as he set her safely on the carpet; she wasn’t quite ready to crawl or walk yet but it was only a matter of time.

Sergio rolled over onto his stomach as he watched Una, his mother was especially curious about the little girl and Sergio hadn’t been able to resist talking about her.

Una felt very much like his daughter and that was how Sergio saw her, she wasn’t another man’s child at least not anymore; she was his little girl.

***

Bailey nibbled on her lip sending her latest article off to her editor, she was still doing a couple a week and it was enough to keep her busy while she had Una in her life; she smiled softly as she heard Sergio talking with Una.

The red head carefully shut off her office computer and left the room, she smiled as she spotted Sergio on the floor with Una; she wasn’t even surprised to see them like this.

“What do you fancy for dinner?” Bailey asked leaning against the entrance to the living room, she grinned as she watched her boyfriend look up at her surprised.

Una pouted at the fact that she was no longer the centre of attention and pulled gently on Sergio’s hair making Bailey laugh softly; she was sure the footballer was going to spoil her daughter rotten when she was older.

“Anything you make will be amazing,” Sergio said sitting up and settled Una on his lap, he smiled at Bailey as she rolled her eyes and headed for the kitchen to start dinner.

Sergio watched her leave before he carefully got to his feet and balanced Una on his hip, he followed after Bailey curious about what was for dinner; his girlfriend was an amazing cook and he loved having her meals.

“So what are we having?” Sergio asked watching collect ingredients, he grinned as he watched her closely; things between them were better than ever and he wasn’t going to let her go.

Bailey smiled, she couldn’t believe that she had someone like Sergio who made her feel so special and treated her and Una as if they were the most important things in the world.

“Pasta with sausage, tomatoes and cream,” Bailey said smiling at Sergio, she wasn’t even surprised that he had followed her and she watched as he settled Una into her high chair.

Sergio’s stomach grumbled at the idea of what Bailey was making for dinner, he loved her cooking especially when she made Italian; he was sure that she was the best chef in the world next to his mother.

“Can I help?” Sergio asked as Una was given some blocks to play with, they didn’t want her getting bored while they cooked and they needed to get dinner done.

Una babbled happily as she played in her high chair making Bailey smile, she was happy for the first time in ages and it was all down to Sergio; she felt content and it wasn’t a feeling that she had known when she had been with David.

They had been together for six years and Bailey had always felt like David had just settled for her since their parents were close friends; she never felt special to him like she did now that she had Sergio in her life.

“Sure,” Bailey said as Sergio wrapped his arms around her, she was still in awe that someone like him was interested in her; that he was okay with Una and adored the little girl.

Bailey had never felt so in love and she hoped that her visit to her parents during the summer would make them see just how happy she was now.