Chapter Forty-Four: The Engagement Party

Sergio grinned as he kissed Bailey, it had been two weeks since they had gotten engaged and he couldn’t have been happier; they hadn’t wasted time in telling everyone that they were getting married.

“You look beautiful,” Sergio whispered holding his fiancée close, she was wearing a pink V-neck 3/4-length sleeves appliques zipper-up ruffles long evening dress paired with black strappy caged heeled sandals for their engagement party; his parents had insisted on throwing one once they had heard that Bailey had agreed to marry Sergio.

Bailey blushed, she was eighteen weeks pregnant now and the bump that she carried was barely visible under her dress.

Sergio and Bailey had been thrilled to learn at the latest scan that they were expecting a baby boy, it was something that the couple had warmly welcomed and they were starting to think of baby names.

It had been a difficult two weeks for the couple especially with the fact that Bailey’s parents hadn’t been accepting of the fact that their daughter was engaged to marry Sergio.

“Congratulations,” Sara said rushing over to hug Bailey, she grinned at Sergio knowing that he had waited a long time for this and she couldn’t have been happier for him; he had certainly picked the right woman this time.

Bailey smiled as she hugged Sara back, she couldn’t believe that she was actually engaged and it only took looking at her engagement ring to remind her that she was going to marry Sergio.

“So have the two of you set a date?” Sara asked stepping back from Bailey as Iker joined them, she was excited for a team wedding and she knew that it would be a big one.

Bailey and Sergio smiled at one another, they hadn’t really told anyone yet but they had set a date for their wedding and they couldn’t wait.

“We have… the 19th of July 2016,” Sergio said proudly, he knew it was further away than he had originally wanted but it was ideal since they had a baby due in the New Year and it gave them time to plan their wedding.

Sara nodded her head, she smiled at the date knowing that it wouldn’t glass with the Euros and she had a feeling that it would be a good year for everyone.

“Have you thought were you would like to get married?” Iker asked wrapping an arm around Sara, they had left Martin at home with his parents and he was glad to have an evening with his girlfriend.

Sergio grinned, they had made some small decisions about their wedding and he was excited; he loved the idea of Bailey walking down the aisle to marry him.

“Back in Seville,” Sergio said proudly, they were already looking at venues and there was one that stuck out to them; they were hoping to get it since they didn’t want to get married in the capital.

Iker chuckled not surprised that he wanted to get married in his home city, it meant a lot to Sergio and it wasn’t a surprise that Bailey had agreed.

No matter where Sergio and Bailey decided to marry, it was going to be a great wedding and it would be a shame if her parents weren’t there to give her away.

***

Paqui smiled watching her son dance with Bailey, she had never seen him so happy and she knew that it was a blessing that the red head had come into his life.

“He looks happy,” José María said handing his wife a glass of champagne, he had worried that he would never see the day that his youngest son would find the right woman to settle down with.

Bailey was a wonderful woman and Sergio could not have asked for a better partner in life, he had everything that he had ever wanted and nothing could possibly ruin this for them.

“He does,” Paqui agreed turning to look at her husband, this was all that she had ever wanted and she had a feeling that this was just the start of many wonderful years that Sergio would have with Bailey.

Paqui watched as Sergio kissed Bailey, he had barely been able to keep his hands off her since they had gotten engaged; it was lovely to see and she doubted that she had ever seen him like this before.

“I have a feeling we’ll have more grandchildren,” José María said chuckling, he doubted that it would be long after this one that Bailey and Sergio would have another.

The couple were happy and everyone was sure that they’d end up with a big family, Sergio had always said that he wanted four or five children and no one doubted that he would try for that many with Bailey.

***

“Can I have everyone’s attention?” Sergio said smiling, he couldn’t resist giving a small speech and he knew that it was getting late; he just wanted to thank everyone before they all headed home.

Bailey smiled sitting down, she watched her fiancé knowing that she could never regret saying yes to him; she didn’t care if her parents weren’t happy, she was going to get married and they would have to deal with that.

“Bailey and I would just thank you all for coming tonight, it means so much to us that we have your support,” Sergio said grinning, it had been a delightful evening and they were sure that the wedding itself would be even better.

Paqui stared at her son, she couldn’t believe that he was all grown up now and he had a family of his own; she had always wanted that for him and she doubted that any of his former girlfriends would have ever made him this happy.

“It’s been an amazing year for the two of us and the next few will be even better, our little boy is due in May and we’re going to get married,” Sergio said smiling, his brown eyes looking at Bailey and he hoped that they would be okay; he didn’t care about the obstacles that would get in their way as long as he would always have her in his life.

Paqui squeaked at the news that Bailey and Sergio were going to have a little boy, it was her first grandson and her fourth grandchild after Daniela, Una and Breda; Mirian had given birth to a little girl only a couple of weeks ago.

José María smiled, he doubted that Sergio would have been able to keep the news quiet and he was pleased that his son was happy; he had never thought that Sergio would settle down and he was glad that he was.

Bailey rested a hand on her bump, her baby boy was surely going to be so much like his father and she had a feeling that she was going to have her hands full.

Sergio was already talking about the football that he would play with his son and Bailey was sure that with the way that their baby moved that he would be just as good as his father.

“I couldn’t be happier right now and I have the beautiful woman over there to thank for that, Bailey… is everything that I had ever hoped for and she makes me a better person,” Sergio said with a smile, he hoped that with under two years to their wedding that her parents would change their minds; he knew how much it would mean to his fiancée if they were there.

Bailey smiled, she was happy and she hoped that they would stay this way; nothing could ever stop her from loving Sergio and she was glad that she had gone to the charity auction all those months ago because it had led her to him.