Interview with @saxophone94

Let's get to know saxophone94

Hey, I'm Mia.

I love to write in my freetime and prove the world wrong about my stereotype, which is basically a 'nerdy' Indian girl who was born only to get married someday & sanctify her self-worth. *dramatic sigh*

My aim though, is to make a difference with my stories, even if it's the slightest. That's why I cannot abandon my characters midway. In other words, I believe that someone in this big-wide world might connect with them & wait for their own 'happy' ending within the story.

 In other words, I believe that someone in this big-wide world might connect with them & wait for their own 'happy' ending within the story

Warlords won first place in Slice of Life (ongoing).

Story Blurb:

Amongst many broken realities during The Korean War, we find Cadet Jeon & Captain Kim.

They knew nothing more about war as two soldiers of the huge political divide thrown in as pawns, regardless of their choice. And that fact alone connected them.

Notes from the judge:

The dialog and characterization in the first chapter were well done. I thought the pain about having to go to war that the characters experience was shown well. Overall, I didn't find the opening chapter the most hooking, but it is well written and unique concept for a story that I think will grab a lot of readers.

The descriptions in Warlords were vivid and made the entire scene come to life. The story builds a lot of interest and mystery in the first chapter following the prologue. The unusual prisoner, Mr. Jeon, draws the reader's interest and makes me curious to know his story.

What inspired the story?

It was the idea of prejudice within the Asian community against anything that isn't stereotypically 'normal'.

This story was my attempt at fighting homophobia against the ultimate backdrop of The Korean War. And that's how WARLORDS was born.

More news from the author:

Write about something that matters to you. That's all I'm gonna say to anyone who has just started navigating their pens. At the end of the day, there are people like you who might find a voice in your characters.
And yes, I'm drafting another Lgbtq+ story called VICE which also holds a special place in my heart. A few chapters have already been published if you'd like a sneak-peek. ;)