Interview with @BrookeNotAshley

Let's get to know BrookeNotAshley

I am a mid-20s writer who dreams of making it to the big leagues. I currently have 2 short stories published in an anthology that's available on Amazon! While I write for publication, my ultimate goal is to write something people love, something that can help them escape from their hectic lives for even a little while.

 I currently have 2 short stories published in an anthology that's available on Amazon! While I write for publication, my ultimate goal is to write something people love, something that can help them escape from their hectic lives for even a littl...

1st Place Adrenaline Junkie Category (for Completed Entries) - Winning story: PHENIX

Story Blurb:

Roy's life changed when he, an assassin for PHENIX, took in a child. Years later, Roy decides to retire from PHENIX. Given one final assignment, Roy and the boy, Asher, travel the world to eliminate three targets. As the stakes rise, the two find themselves in trouble as secrets begin to be revealed around them. But the biggest secret of all lies with Asher and the strange tattoo on the back of his neck.

What inspired the story?

I was inspired by the Bourne movies, American Assassin, and the Lethal Weapon series. Also, I wanted to read a book like PHENIX so, I wrote it. It's also the first story I've ever written for NaNoWriMo.

Notes from the judge:

Well written. The plot was interesting and there was nothing to really complain about. 

More news from the author:

I wrote PHENIX in 39 days for NaNoWriMo last year. The first chapter won an editing contest for the whole book too!

The version of PHENIX that's on Wattpad is the first draft, and I'm very proud of it. I'm so glad it's achieved 1st Place in a category like Adrenaline Junkie! Thank you!