Interview with @biribirimon

Let's get to know biribirimon

Hey there! Most people online call me Birb. I'm fourteen and an avid fanfiction writer. I've been on Wattpad for two-and-a-half years, and it's definitely my go-to writing app. I've been a Team Stark member since Civil War, so no Endgame bias here.

 I've been a Team Stark member since Civil War, so no Endgame bias here

The Aviator won the first place in Fan Club (ongoing)

Story Blurb:

Three years after the devastating Chitauri invasion, New York City is patched up and stronger than ever. With the Avengers moved upstate, the city no longer has to bother with extreme chaos taking place.

Unfortunately, Queens isn't spared from the drama. Bizarre sandstorms begin manifesting throughout the borough, somehow resulting in now-escalating robberies.

Weeks later, Jemmy Carver regrettably lets his curiosity get the best of him and comes into contact with a piece of Chitauri technology. The next thing he knows, he has the abilities of a falcon.

What inspired the story?

I had been planning a Marvel fanfiction for a while, but I didn't know exactly what to do with it. I was actually in German class when the idea came to me. One of the phrases was "Early bird catches the worm." The thought of an OC with bird abilities came to me, and here we are!

Notes from the judge:

The cover is beautiful and different from others, so it stands out immediately. The blurb is perfectly written, introduces a new superhero and offers the stakes, while setting it perfectly within the MCU. The first chapter is written really well, though one could nitpick about the technique and pace a bit. Still, it gives the context of what is to come, and has a nice bit of foreshadowing.

More news from the author:

To other writers: If you're not an extensive planner like me(planning out the entire book), don't be too worried. Just write! You can come up with ideas for future books and include foreshadowing events as you write. Of course, it's better to plan for the best results, but you shouldn't feel like you're forced to.

I want to say thank you to all of my friends for support! I couldn't have come this far without you: @stuckycult, @eddiepng, @sarcasticart-, @ConnorTheNerd, @AkashiRakurai, @ThePokemonLover, and so many more.