Part 3

It was midday the next time you got a text from Ryan telling you that they had a date planned for you and Tom that evening.

You were surprised that they already had something planned, but you figured that they wanted to get the ball rolling as soon as possible. The more press you and Tom got, the better.

You didn't bother getting all dressed up, knowing that when you got there you'd have to change anyway and let Miranda do your makeup. So, in sweatpants, you headed to Tom and his manager's hotel, ready to face whatever they would place in front of you.

After yesterday, you mentally prepared yourself for another night of awkwardness. It wouldn't be so bad if Tom didn't insist on not making real conversation. After all, as you so willingly liked to point out whenever you got the chance, he chose you. Not the other way around.

But, that didn't matter really. The point was that you were getting paid way, way, more than you should be, and now you'd finally be able to get some sort of footing underneath you in the expensive city of Los Angeles. This year would be annoying, but at least there was light at the end of the tunnel.

You made your way into the gorgeous hotel and up the elevator to Ryan's room, where you were told to meet. You knocked, stepping back while you waited for someone to answer. Zach, Ryan's assistant, opened the door with a smile, welcoming you into the room.

"Where's Tom?" he asked as you walked through the door.

You furrowed your brow.

"I don't know. I figured he'd be with you guys."

Ryan looked up at his laptop after hearing you respond, his face suddenly growing worried.

"We haven't seen him," he said. "We just thought he must be going to get you."

You almost wanted to laugh in their faces. Were they really that obtuse? Tom wanted nothing to do with you. Clearly, he wanted nothing to do with this entire situation.

The look you gave them must've been enough to answer their suspicions because Ryan shot up from his chair. He ran to the kitchenette, where his phone was plugged in and charging. He searched through his phone for Tom's contact, and then dialed it, his face already expressing the anger and stress he was feeling.

You and Zach stood next to each other, tense. While you didn't quite understand the severity of the situation yet, you both knew that upsetting Ryan right now would only lead to more and more chaos.

"Dammit," he muttered when it went to voicemail. He waited until the automatic receiver was finished and began talking into the phone. "Tom, you need to answer the phone right now. You were supposed to be here a half hour ago. Call me."

He pulled the phone away from his ear before turning to Zach. "Go find him. Now."

Zach only nodded as he scurried out of the room.

It left you and Ryan standing in silence as he huffed.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. But, there's nothing we can do until we find him. Not to freak you out or anything, but you'd better hope we find him soon. You guys are public now, so what he does reflects on you. And, he hasn't exactly been a poster child lately."

You tried to be calm, but deep down you were freaking out. Ryan was right– You had to find Tom.

"I'm just... I'm going to go check around the hotel. What room is his?" you said.

Ryan gave you his room number, and you left, trying not to look frantic. If anyone saw you, they'd know you were here at Tom's hotel for a reason, so you had to make sure you looked as calm as possible. You went down to the lobby first and asked yourself where you would go if you were trying to hide a place like this.