Part 6

You couldn't focus.

Not on the script. Not on the director. Not on your hands. Not on the voices in the room. Not on your thoughts.

You couldn't focus on anything.

Your mind was running circles and the two times it met Brad's eyes, he was staring. The small smirk on his face told you that he was enjoying this. He was enjoying making you so nervous, and you couldn't see straight. It made you want to throw up. He was so messed up.

You were trying to control your arms from trembling and your eyes from tearing up.

You felt so weak.

He made you so weak.

That made you so embarrassed. How could one person make you feel so terribly awful?

You wanted to punch him in the face or disappear into thin air.

But all you could think about was getting far far away from him.

So, even when the director of photography announced that they were giving optional tours of the entire set and studio, although you would have loved that, you nearly sprinted out of the room. You didn't even attempt to talk to your new friends.

Not with him watching you.

As you speed walked, you held your script tightly to your chest. Your ears felt like someone was playing the drums in your skull, and sweat dripped down your face. You made your way toward the courtyard where you met the cast group for lunch. Your mind asked a million questions as you forced the tears that had built up to stay put.

Why was he there? Since when did he work in film? Why couldn't he just leave you alone? Did he know you were going to be there?

It wasn't until you saw the back of Tom, standing in a circle with a few of the writers for the film, that you took a breath and headed straight for him. Sure, Tom hated you, but in front of other people, he'd at least have to pretend to listen to you. He'd listen to your pleas of wanting to leave.

Casually, trying to hide your nerves radiating off of you, you made your way to him.

You came up behind him and tapped his back, sliding next to him to not disrupt the conversation. But, as soon as he saw you, somehow, some way, it was like he sensed something was off.

"Oh, hey, darling, you alright?"

The writers he was talking to turned to have their own conversation, but they were still in hearing distance. Around here, everyone was always watching with Tom being the star and all. You both had to make sure you were on your game at every given moment. And at this moment, you were quite thankful for that.

You blinked up at him innocently, trying to seem calm, but clearly not doing a very good job. You were sure he felt you slightly trembling and you wanted to curse at yourself. "Hm? Yeah, I'm good. I'm done so whenever you are ready, I am."

He frowned slightly. "I thought you'd want to do a tour since you were so excited."

You tilted your head at him, trying to read his eyes. It was true, you did really want to do the tour but all you could think about was getting as far away from Brad as possible.

Thinking of Brad, he and a couple of apparently new friends rounded the corner, laughing up a storm. You turned and looked at them quickly, accessing how far away they were before turning immediately back to Tom. They had stopped, but the risk of them getting closer or Brad coming over to you was ever present. Frantically, you shook your head. No way were you going on the same tour that Brad was going on.