~5~

Mr. Purrfect🐱

Y/N

OMG

I'M FREAKING OUTFJDJJFF

THIS CUTE GIRL CONFESSED TO ME LIKE,, HONESTLY

AND GUESS WHAT

THIS BOI HAS A DATE ASSFDHSH

I'M NO EXPERT PLS GIVE ME ADVICE

San...

How am I supposed to know how to date??

It's not something I do on a regular basis

Now please don't spam me with messages about this 'cute girl'

I hope you two will be happy together, though 😊

You're no help 🙄

I'M KIDDING (pls don't kill me)

bUT THANK YOU💕 I HOPE I'LL SURVIVE

I gtg!! Wish me luck!

You got it, sis!🌚

JK! Good luck!!🐱💕

-

I sighed, putting down my phone. If only he could see my emotions through that small screen...

'What's wrong?'

A voice spoke up. I let out a small yelp, followed by a sneeze and turned my head towards the sound.

That intimidating boy I met before, a friend of San... Mingi!

'What's it with everyone and sneaking into my house?!' I yelled.

'I'm sorry. I followed you, because you seem upset.'

I was quiet and avoided his piercing gaze.

'Is it about San? I'll teach him a lesson'-

-'No! Well... yes, but no. Don't start fights. It's just that... he's dating this girl and I should support him, but something makes me feel like I can't and I don't know how.'

'Typical jealousy.' Mingi started.

-'what?'

'You're jealous. You don't want San to date, because you have hidden feelings for him.'

-'What? No! I don't. And I never will. We're friends... I need to feel happy.. for him.' My eyes welled up with tears. Why am I even crying?

Suddenly, I felt a hand slip in mine. It started to feel itchy but I ignored it. I look up to see Mingi with a small smile on his face.
I didn't know he could smile! So he has a heart after all..

'Let's take a walk to clear your mind.' He suggested. I nodded and soon, we head out.

We silently walked through the park. The lights lit up the path and we both listened to the soft sound of crickets around us. It was peaceful yet I couldn't think of anything else than one burning question that I was afraid of asking. I looked up at Mingi as we walked under the moonlight. The outline of his face lit up a silver color, making him more beautiful than he already was. I didn't realize I was staring at his features until he spoke up.

'Are you enjoying the view?'

I chuckled, sneezed again and elbowed him slightly.

'I actually wanted to ask you something...' I trailed off, getting nervous of what he was going to think of me.
Even though it was dark, I could see his cheeks getting red.

'How did you, you know, become a cat...person?' I asked carefully. You don't have to answer my question! I was just curious.

He sighed. It sounded a bit...disappointed? I shrugged it off and waited for my question to be answered.

'I was, just like my friends, an experiment. When we were younger, all eight of us had to go to a sudden 'appointment'. We didn't know why we had to go and we certainly didn't know where we were going. Apparently, we all blacked out at some point and the first thing I saw when I woke up were the others. Not in human form, but that of a cat.' His eyes moved from mine to the ground.

So he was part of an experiment. That must've been a harsh time, getting used to your 'new features'...

'Wow... I'm sorry for what happened to you and your friends. I shouldn't have brought it up, I'm sorry.'

Mingi now looked back up at me. 'It's fine, don't worry. I'm glad you're not like other girls...'

I gave him a questioning look, waiting for him to explain his vague sentence.

'...It's just that I'm not really good with girls. At first, when they don't know about my "cat features", they somewhat swoon over me. But as soon as they hear about my extra abilities, they try to avoid me immediately.'
Mingi sighed once again.
I stopped in my tracks and grabbed his hand, causing him to stop walking also and look at me. We locked eyes while I spoke up, 'Those girls are stupid for avoiding you. Heck, they're blind!' The words tumbled out of my mouth, 'You're such a fun guy to talk to, they just don't know what they're missing.'
Mingi's cheeks heated up, just like mine. I developed feelings for San, but I feel like Mingi is the one who really needs me. Before I knew it, we both slowly leaned in.

'Thank you, Y/n.'

-'You don't have to thank me.'

And our lips touched. My lips were burning, the allergy was begging me to stop. But I didn't. I wanted Mingi to feel better.
He put his hands on my cheeks to deepen the kiss as I gently put my arms around his neck.
After what seemed like a decade we both pulled away, breathing for air. We just stared at each other in awe, being speechless. The staring was cut short because of a sudden attack of sneezes. 'Are you okay?' Mingi asked while laughing slightly.
-'Yes, yes, I think I'm done...' I said, waiting for another sneeze but it didn't come so I was good. Mingi grabbed my hands again, squeezing them gently.

'I think I have fallen for you' he whispered.

I giggled and hugged him, but deep down I felt regret.