~7~

'I need to tell you something...' I said. Not noticing we were being watched by an extra pair of eyes.

'You can tell me anything, Y/n.' Said Mingi, who was still licking some cat food off his fingers.
I sucked in a deep breath, suppressed a sneeze and looked around in procrastination. Something in the corner of my eye slipped away, but I shrugged it off mentally.

Probably a bird...

'First off, I want you to know that you're a really sweet guy,' I began and Mingi shyly smiled, 'but I have to say that I don't want us to be more than friends. I'm sorry.' I looked down in embarrassment, not wanting to see his hurt-filled eyes.

After a long silent pause and some heavy sneezes I couldn't hide, Mingi finally spoke up. 'You love San, don't you?'

I looked up at him. A tear rolled down his cheek, but he smiled. A sad smile..

'I...'

'It's okay, I understand. Actually, I could have seen it coming. But I'm glad you're being honest with me.'

I started to tear up, too. 'Mingi, I know it's just been a short while, but I'm so sorry.' I raised my hand up to his cheek, where I wanted to wipe off a tear, but he grabbed my hand before I could touch him.

'Like I said, it's okay. I'm okay. It's better to be honest than to live with a lie, so I am happy you made the right choice. San better treat you right, otherwise he can catch these claws.' He laughed slightly.

I laughed with him. Our tears had dried and we were now just making up silly insults for San if he wouldn't treat me right.

Our laughter died down after a while and again I saw something slipping away in the corner of my eye. I immediately turned my head to where it went.

'What's the matter?' Mingi asked and looked in the same direction, seeing a fluffy orange tail sticking out of some bushes that were nearby. 'Oh, it's Hongjoong!' He piped up

And as he called out the name, a ginger colored cat jumped out from between the leaves. 'Hongjoong? I saw you once, I think!' I spoke, 'Well, not in human fo..-' I trailed off, because there he stood. In the blink of an eye, another beautiful man appeared. (A/n: Wish this could happen in real life lmao ok sorry I'll continue)
'Nice to meet you, Y/n! I'm Hongjoong,' he said and I sneezed hard in return, 'I heard you had some problem with San?' He chuckled in his smooth sounding voice.

I shook my head slightly, stopping myself from staring. 'Nice to meet you too, Hongjoong!' I managed to say.
'Can't really say I have a problem, though. Well, maybe it is? He has a date, but I feel like he doesn't really like them? I don't know...'

'Don't worry. I'm good at listening to other people's conversations without being noticed, so I can give them a visit sometime and see what they're talking about?' Hongjoong said with a bit too much confidence.

'Sounds like stalking.' Mingi chimed in.

'Yeah, isn't that invading of privacy?' I laughed awkwardly.

'Not when you're just an innocent cat.' The "stalker" corrected.

'Alright, but listen no more than needed, okay? I only need to know if he sounds uncomfortable or anything along those lines. Gosh, this is so awkward to talk about.' I sighed.

I grabbed my phone to text San where he was going to be with his date this evening. I don't know if they were planning on going somewhere, but I made the question as casual as possible. I don't want to be obvious here.

Mr. Purrfect🐱

Hey San! How's it going with your date? Still planning on going?👀

No.

Ouch. Rejected? I thought she loved you. Well, she looked like she did.

No, I rejected her. She was just in it for popularity at school. R u coming home this evening? Or are you staying with Mingi?

Just come to my room this evening and I'll explain some things, alright? I can't really say it over text.

You're making me worried. Did Mingi do something to you? Who do I need to punch in the throat?

No one! Violence is not a solution Sannie. Just come up to my window in a few hours and I'll explain.

Alright. See you!

-
'Change of plan, guys! No need to stalk anyone.' I squealed. While a disappointing sigh from Hongjoong could be heard, Mingi asked what San had answered. I showed them both what San said over text and they smiled.

'You got him!' Hongjoong screamed in excitement. Mingi smiled, but stayed silent. I think he still needs to take his mind off of the whole rejection thing I put him through.
As I put my hand on his shoulder, he looked at me. I smiled a small smile and said he'll find his true love eventually. Hongjoong said some encouraging words to him as well. It gave him a little more confidence again.

Later that day, I sat in my room by the window. Waiting for him.