The Isla Cruces

(Lydia's POV)

  A couple of days had gone by, my Father had predicted that we would reach land in around an hour. He was currently at the helm, steering the wheel. Me and Henry were sorting out the mast, Elizabeth and Will were talking to my father.
  "LAND HO'!!!!" I heard Gibbs yell from the crows nest. We all prepared the ropes and sure enough, a couple of minutes later we reached land.
  I slid down the rope after my Dad, who stopped me from tripping afterwards. We helped Elizabeth and Henry down as the rest of the crew followed us into the cave.
  Me and my Dad lit torches to guide us, as the whole place was pitch black.
  The only thing that could be heard was the clinging of my Dad's trinkets, and the wet drips of rain falling from in the tavern. There were many ancient cave paintings, the rock was old and decaying, with a weird cement tone to it. The whole place had an eerie feel, and when I felt someone's hand grip onto mine, I almost jumped out of my skin. I spun around to see Henry.
  "Bloody hell Henry! I almost fainted!" I whisper yelled. My Dad smirked and I nudged his arm, to which he glared at me.
  "Sorry, it's just, a little creepy, don't you think?" he whispered.
  "Awww, are you scared Henry?" I teased.
  "No! Not at all, well, maybe a little, bit don't you agree?"
  "A little, but it's safe here, and look, I see natural light at the end of the tunnel." I pointed forward.
  Dad smiled and patted my back. Henry seemed relieved as we hurried onward, the crew trailing behind us.
  When we reached the clearing, there was more treasure than I could have ever imagined, Dad was right. The whole area had a certain gold, ancient glow to it, and the light that filtered through the rocks bounced back and forth from each shiny peace of treasure. The whole crew was in awe, my Dad continued on, about to pick up a gold statue of somebody before he heard a gun click. We all spun around to the direction of the sound, apart from Pintel and Rigetti, who span the complete other way.
  My eyes layed on an old man, he had a scraggly beard with bright blue eyes. He wore a big hat, and pirate attire, with a peg leg. He had a crew behind him, they outnumbered us but only a little. I was sure we could beat them if we couldn't negotiate out of this. My Dad's eyes widened, the crew looked perplexed. I felt like I was the only one that didn't know him.
  "Hector?" he asked. I had heard that name before, Hector, Hector Barbossa, the one that led a mutiny upon my Dad.
  "Ello Jack," he greeted, showing his grimy teeth off.
  "No' so fast Jack," he warned.
  "Why, what is it, miss me?" Dad asked, giving off a charming, joking smile.
  "Not at all, however Jack, this gold is cursed, and trust me from personal experience, ye don't want to be livin' a cursed life,"
  "Again?! 'Can a pirate NOT have a bit of treasure without having to live a cursed life!? First the Isla de Muerta, second William and Davy Jones!"
  "What?" I asked.
  "Not all treasure is silver and gold love," Dad winked. My Mum used to tell me that, must've got it from Dad.
  "Appears not, there is a way for it to work though, without being cursed," Barbossa explained.
  "Pray tell," my Dad said, narrowing his eyes.
  "Ahh, well you see Jack, all we need to take the gold back with us, is a descendant of Blackbeard, the pirate all Pirates fear!" he spoke, eyeing me suspiciously.
  My heart stopped, what? What would they do to me? How would we get out of this? Am I going to die? Im only thirteen. My Dad quickly glanced at me, before looking back to Barbossa.
  "Well, it's to bad that Blackbeard's bloodline died with Angelica," my Dad spoke. I felt a little relief wash over me. Via my peripheral vision, I saw Henry looking at me, worry plastered on his face.
  "Don't strike me as a fool Jack Sparrow!" he yelled.
  "Captain Jack Sparrow, if you please," my Dad corrected. I stifled a smirk, unaware of what was going to happen.
  "We both know that Angelica made it off that blasted Island, carrying what I believe to be your offspring!"
  "Me? A father, Hector do you hear yourself?" my Dad laughed, my heart began speeding up again.
  "Care to explain who this lovely young lass is?" Barbossa said, smirking, while circling me like a wild animal.
  "Distant relative, twice removed!" he spoke quickly.
  "Now where have I heard that before?" he asked, staring at Will.
  I backed away before my Dad put his arm Infront of me.
  "Alright Hector, what do you want with her?" my Dad gave up.
  My hands became clammy and breathing sped to dangerous paces.
"Ahh, so this is your daughter Jack? I must say she is rather beautiful," he grinned. I scoffed, unable to comprehend what he just said. My Dad looked discusted and became protective over me.
  "That was not the answer to my question now was it Hector?" he glared, standing between us.
  "The curse was layed by Blackbeard, only he could touch the treasure!" he explained.
  "Can she take it, because she is part of his bloodline?" Jack questioned.
  "Don't be a fool Jack, do you really think Edward Teach would share gold with his family?" he taunted.
  "Suppose not," my Dad agreed.
  "What do you want with her?" a familiar voice spoke. I recognised it to be Henry.
  "And who might you be lad?" Barbossa asked.
  "Henry, Henry Turner!" he spoke proudly, Will worriedly stepping behind him.
  "Ahh, son of Will and Lizzie," he repeated.
  "Yes, answer my question, what do you want with Lydia?"
  "Ahh, Lydia Sparrow or Teach, whatever,"
  "Sparrow," I confirmed, my Dad proudly smiling, before turning back to the matter at hand.
  "She must die, then the curse shall be broken!"
  I gasped, stepping back.
  "Now now Hector, we wouldn't want to lose another leg would we?" my Dad threatened. I unsheathed my sword in self defense, Dad and the crew following.
  "Ahh, Jack, think about is, all this gold, she's just a girl Jack, replaceable!" Barbossa spoke angrily.
  "No, you can never replace your children Hector! What sort of theory is that?" Elizabeth shouted, discusted.
  "Out of the question Hector, Lydia is my daughter, worth more than all the treasure in the world!" Dad defended, making my heart warm.
  "She's changed you Jack, she's changed you a lot,"
  "And I like it, savvy!" Dad countered.
  "Well, I'll just have to leave matters up to me and me crew, if you won't budge."
  He drew his sword.
  "ATTACK!" he yelled at his crew, which sent them all charging toward us.

  (Jack's POV)

  I ran at Barbossa, hoping to be able to take him down easily, due to his leg being wooden, making him much less agile, however, I instead found myself crossing blades with a tall, buff man with tanned skin. I began to defend against him, every chance I got, glancing round to see if I could spot Lydia, and if she was okay. I couldn't lose her. I spotted her and Henry fighting Barbossa, she was skillfully blocking his attacks, but I still felt worried for her. I quickly jabbed the man I was fighting in the stomach, he let out a painful groan as he fell backward, taking impact on the floor.
  I rushed over to Lydia, slaying everyone in my was, allowing them to fall limp on the floor.
  Will was fighting a small man, I saw him stab him and fall onto the floor, before catching up and joing Lizzie to fight two more men. Scrum and Gibbs were fighting off a group of people. If they managed to take them down, then it'd just be Barbossa left.
  Before I could do anything else, I heard a loud scream echo through the tavern.
  My heart sank.
  I knew that voice.
  I turned on my heel, to see Lydia, leaving against a rock, holding her stomach tightly, coughing. She looked faint, really faint.
  How could I let this happen?
  I'm such a terrible father.
  I rushed over and took Barbossa from behind, pushing my blade through his back, before turning him around to see his shocked expression, the same one I had seen all those years back when I shot him. He fell back onto the floor. My whole crew came rushing to Lydia, crowding around her. I pushed through desperately.
  "OUT OF MY WAY!" I screamed. Henry was crying, so was Lizzie, who had her head on Wills' shoulder.
  I grabbed her hand and gently moved it from her stomach. She had a deep slash going across her abdomen. I cupped her cheek and began to breath faster.
  "Lydia! Are you with me sweetheart,  please sweetheart!" I cried.
  "Aye," she whispered inaudibly. Relief washed over me. I took off a piece of cloth that hung from my belt and tied it around her waist quickly. I looked back up at her to see she had blacked out.
  "We have to get her back to the ship NOW!" I shouted.
  The crew hurridley made their way back through the cave as I picked her up in my arms gently. I rushed back through the cave, young Henry was by my side. Tears had escaped my eyes now. What if she didn't make it? This would be all my fault. I should've protected her! I let the tears roll down my cheeks. The feeling being so foreign.

  When we reached the Black Pearl. I slung her over my shoulder and hoisted myself up on deck. The whole crew made a crowd.
  "MOVE!" I shouted, kicking the door to my cabin open and rushing over to lay her on the bed. Her face was in discomfort as she clutched her stomach in her sleep. I slammed the door shut and desperately rummaged through my door, looking for peroxide or something, ANYTHING, that would help her.
  I finally found a small bottle and pipet. I sat on the edge of the bed and removed the cloth I had put on earlier. It was drenched in her blood. She must've lost at least two pints, which made me even more worried. What if she didn't have enough?! I'm not a fricking doctor!
  I squeezed out some of the liquid holding her hand. I knew that while I did this she would wake, it would sting, it would sting a lot!
  She jolted awake, screaming in agony, clutching my hand in desperation. This only made more tears fall from my eyes. My daughter, my sweet daughter was going through all this pain, because of me! Her eyes stung with tears as she looked at me.
  "Shh, shh it's ok, I'm here, I'm sorry, it had to be cleaned, I'm sorry sweetheart," I whispered, stroking her hair lovingly. She smiled at my presence.
  "You nearly died sweetheart, and it's all my fault!" I cried, the tears falling again. She reached up and wiped it away, which surprised me. Was she not mad?
  "Dad, it's not your fault, you didn't know about the curse, or that Barbossa would be there," she croaked, her voice hoarse,"
  "Shhh," I nurtured as I picked up as glass of water and handed it to her, helping her sit up as she drank it.
  "May i stitch it up darling, I don't want you losing anymore blood, you've already lost too much," I explained, hoping she'd understand.
  She silently and reluctantly nodded. I kneeled at her side and began to stitch her up, she sat silently through the whole thing, she was so brave. Once I was done I put the equipment to the side and kissed her forehead again, wiping her tears from before.
  "I think you should get some sleep love, you should feel better in two to three days, the cut won't heal for a month or two through." I spoke, caressing her cheek.
  "Don't leave me," she begged, holding me close. I smiled.
  "Sweetheart I'll be back in about half and hour, I need to tell the crew that you'll be ok, they were all worried to death, besides, I think that there's someone that wants to see you," I grinned. She looked at me confused, I smiled back, tapping my nose.
  I bent down and kissed her forehead, before walking out on deck.

  Oof, this was a long one😅
  Remember to vote an comment suggestions 😘
  Ly all💞💞