Chapter 3

-Nico-

After 6 hours of boring school work, Nico was finally allowed to go home. And it was now officially summer, so he didn't have to go back for weeks! Today, Rachel was giving him a lift to Octavian's house because the douche didn't pick up his phone, some boyfriend.

"Come on, Neeks. I don't have all day." Rachel said, drumming her fingers on her steering wheel impatiently. Nico rolled his eyes and slipped into the passenger seat of her Volvo.

"So, to Octagon's house?" Rachel smirked, pulling out of the school car park.

"Oh God, not you too. First Leo comes up with the stupid nickname and then it's famous. It's Octavian." Nico sighed, looking out of his window.

"Whatever you say, Neeks." Rachel winked. They sat in a comfortable silence listening to the radio. Rachel pulled onto the curb outside of Octavian's house because there was an unusual grey Mercedes parked out front.

"I thought Octavian's Mercedes was silver?" Rachel said, peering out of her window.

"It is," Nico confirmed. He got a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach, this wasn't good. Who was at Octavian's house? Nico began to work off his seatbelt but Rachel caught his wrist.

"I'll be right outside, Neeks. If anything happens come straight out and we can go back to my house, call the others, eat ice cream, get fat and watch every episode of supernatural ever. Yeah?" Rachel smiled. Nico smiled back gratefully and nodded, climbing out of the car.

He walked up the steps to Octavian's house and knocked on the door, which swung open. It was unlocked. Strange. Nico crept inside, cautious not to make any loud noises. His ears were soon filled by loud groans and laughs. Nico peered around the door frame and he nearly screamed at what he saw.

Octavian was sitting on the couch, Nico's couch (yeah, Nico claimed his own couch), with another man. And they were sucking each others face off. Octavian was fisting the other guy's hair and running his hands up and down the other man's chest, and the other man was moaning into the kiss. Octavian broke away, breathless.

"Happy 6 months anniversary." He said, smirking. Nico's head was spinning trying to make sense out of the situation.

Out of a blaze of anger, he stormed into the room and he saw Octavian's eyes widen. "Nico, hey, can we talk about this before you-"

"YOU CHEATING PIECE OF SHIT! HOW COULD YOU FUCKING DO THIS, YOU SON OF A BITCH! ALL OF OUR 9 MONTHS TOGETHER AND YOU HAVE TO GO AND FUCKING WRECK IT ALL WITH ANOTHER MAN!" Nico screamed.

The other man's eyes began to get watery. "O-Octavian, is this true?" He asked, lip quivering. He must have been a few months older than Nico.

"No, Dakota. It isn't. I don't know him. Nico, get out." Octavian said. Nico eyes felt like they were blazing with fire. The lying piece of-The other man named Dakota stood up, shaking Nico out of his thoughts.

"If you don't know him, how do you know his name?" He crossed his arms. Nico did the same and puffed out his chest, manly as hell.

"I-I, uh, I, well," Octavian stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck. Dakota turned to Nico, his eyes still glassy.

"I'm so sorry man, Octavian didn't tell me about you. I didn't know I was the other guy." He apologised.

Nico nodded his head. "It's ok, it's not you're fault. It's his," Nico hissed.

"I better be going. We're done, Octavian. Leave me alone. Again, I'm sorry, man." Dakota tossed Nico a sad smile and left the room.

Nico was still blazing with anger and Octavian still looked sheepish.