Chapter 12

-Nico-

Octavian looked like a mess. His usually sleek blonde hair was matted and wild, and these were big black circles under his tired blue eyes. Speaking of his eyes, they had an empty, insane look to them now. Nico also knew Octavian had always been skinny, but now he literally looked like a skeleton. He looked scary.

"Well? Did you miss me?" Octavian smiled creepily. Nico swallowed hard and blinked away tears. "You need to leave." Nico's voice was a scared whisper. Octavian was tall and towered Nico, and with that creepy smile thing on his face he looked like a serial killer wanting to rape him. Which he probably came here to do.

"Nico? Are you alright?" Percy's gentle voice called from the living room. Nico's throat tightened as he watched Octavian's eyes wander down his hall. They made their way back to Nico's face and his lips curled into a smirk. He brushed past Nico and walked into the hall.

"My my, is that the one and only Percy Jackson? The boy who broke your heart and left you for dead?" Nico bent backwards against the wall for support. He shut his eyes tightly and felt Octavian lean closer.

"Am I right, Nico?" He whispered down Nico's ear. He felt Octavian pull away quickly, and a blow to the wall dangerously next to Nico's head came next. Nico yelped in surprise and his hands flew to his face. Why did Octavian have to come here and ruin everything?

"Am I right or not, Nico?!" Octavian yelled. "You're right," Nico whispered. Octavian brushed Nico's hair from his eyes and held Nico's chin up, smiling that creepy smile again, "I've missed you baby, I've been lonely without you," Without any hesitation, Octavian leaned in and connected their lips.

"Nico?" A voice gasped. Octavian pulled away with a slow suck to Nico's bottom lip, making Nico whimper and Percy flinch.

-Percy-
What had gone on? Nico goes to answer the door for one moment and Percy goes to find him pushed up against a wall and being made out with, all the while looking like he's been crying. Just the sight of poor Nico now broke Percy's heart, with his red-rimmed and watery eyes and swollen lips.

The creepy blond scarecrow walked closer and held out his hand. He smiled scarily. "My name is Octavian Jupiter, I'm Nico's boyfriend. You must be Percy Jackson, I assume?"

Percy reached out and shook Octavian's hand slowly. He was the boy from Nico's scrapbook, his apparent ex. Looks like Nico had been taken all this time, what was he playing at? Talking all of this shit about not wanting Percy to cheat on Annabeth when he was cheating on his boyfriend? The thought made Percy sick, so he decided he needed to apologise to this boy another time. "Yes, that's me. I'm Nico's best frie-"

Octavian cut Percy off, "Yes, I know who you are. Nico's told me all about you." Octavian's arm slid around Nico's waist, who seemed to be shaking pretty badly and had the hiccups. Percy wanted to say he looked cute, but the boy had cheated on Octavian, who seemed like a good guy, with Percy. He couldn't believe Nico had done that.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone," Percy said, beginning to walk away. "Percy wait!" Nico said, his voice cracking with strain as he reached out and grabbed Percy's sleeve. His eyes brimmed with tears and pleaded for help, and only then did Percy realise the iron grip Octavian had on Nico's wrist, which was red and sore.

"Uh, actually, can I speak to Nico for a moment?" Percy narrowed his eyes suspiciously and Nico's face was over come with relief as Octavian released him, "Sure. I'll be in the living room, babe." He shouldered past them and walked into the living room, shutting the thick oak door that always seemed sound proof.

-Nico-
As soon as Nico and Percy were alone again, Nico lunged himself at Percy and wrapped his arms around Percy's waist, Percy rubbed Nico's back and stroked his hair gently.

"H-He's not the same Percy, he's abusive. He was bad but never abusive." Nico said. Percy nodded and looked Nico up and down. "But he's been your boyfriend all this time." Percy said quietly.

Nico shook his head quickly. "No, w-we broke up, I swear! He cheated on me and slept with another guy for months and threw a shoe at Rachel's car!" Nico could feel a panic attack coming on, so he tried to steady his breathing.

Relief showed in Percy's face. "That's good, I thought I was the other guy-"
"P-Percy, he can't be here! I left him for a reason! He still thinks we're together and won't accept we've broken up! I-I can't b-breathe." Nico panted, fisting Percy's shirt. Percy cupped Nico's face gently and touched their foreheads together. "Hey, Neeks, listen to me, It's okay to cry." He whispered. Nico burst into tears.

Percy pried Nico's hand away and put them back around his waist, "Shh, it's okay Nico, I won't let anything happen to you. Just relax-breathe." Percy rocked them gently and Nico still sobbed into Percy's chest, but soon calmed down. He pulled away sniffling and whispered,

"What have I done, Percy?"

Awh Nico 😞 Anyways, I'm off school now! Yay! That means more chapters....😏 I also think this book will be ending soon as I've got ideas lined up and they reach the ending I've got planned, so it may be here for Christmas. It's been so fun so far and I really don't want it to end, but all good things come to an end....💔

Oh, I almost forgot so say. I'm obviously wanting to write more after this! So imma ask you guys, as the readers, what you want more of.
A) A sequel to this
B) A book in which its a demigod AU and Nico gets turned into a girl by Aphrodite (idk I just really want to write that - it would end in straight Pernico so you know what that means, if you want this and I write a sequel afterwards.... bioLOGICAL PERCICO BABIES)
C) A normal human or demigod AU with my own plot (comment which AU)
D) Have you guys ever read a Percy Jackson and Chaos story? I like them and wouldn't mind writing one so yah...

Which one would you like?
-Ella xx