Met

All for nothing. Everything she had done, was for nothing. Part of the school was scared of her, she was probably wanted by the police, and in the end, it was all for nothing. Ayano stood there, on the hill, holding a note, not knowing what to do. Can't seem to move, frozen in place. Her heart felt heavy, and sank down to her stomach. Shattered. Saddened. Destroyed. For nothing.

After that day, Ayano didn't care about anything. Not her schoolwork, not the students, not her hygiene, not even Taro. She felt empty again. She felt regret. At this moment she knew he was never worth it. Staring out the window in the back of the classroom in her seat she pondered. What now? The school's administrators were aware about her, she sent a few people to jail, manipulated a few others, drove someone to murder. So now what? What's the point of doing anything anymore. . .

The bell rang for lunch. The students started gathering their things. Ayano got up and speed walked to the rooftop. This is what she could do. She held her bag tightly against herself as she started to run up the stairs like she was being chased. She opened the doors to the rooftop, bumping into someone and overthrowing them. What's the point of saying sorry? She ran to a secluded area where no one would really watch her. Looking over the railing, she stared at the cursed cherry blossom tree. Her blood boiled, but cooled when she looked down. Cement was beneath her, the incinerator about a foot away from the spot. With a final thought, she slipped off her shoes and stepped forward to the railing.

"hey. . ." A small voice said. "h-hey, wait. . !"

Ayano didn't turn to face the speaker. A small hand weakly, but firmly, grabbed her wrist. Ayano turned her head upward, expecting to find someone tall. Then slowly looked down to a short girl with messy hair looking up at her with cloudy, tired, lilac eyes.

". . .don't. . .dont do this. . .please. . .this. .it isn't the answer. . ." She said softly. "really. . .take it from someone. .whose tried. . ."

Ayano stared down at the girl, her lip slowly starting to quiver.

". .put your shoes back on. . .I'll help you through this. . ."

Ayano obeyed and put her shoes back on. The small girl took her wrist and led her to a lonely bench in the corner. They both sat on it, sitting close.

"I'm oka. . ." The small girl said.

". .I. .I know. . ." Ayano replied.

". . .if you're comfortable. .just tell me what happened. . ."

Ayano stared at her, Oka was staring at her gloves. Her mind was blank and tired and confused.

". .after all the things I've done for you. . .why are you helping me. . ?" She asked.

Oka hesitantly looked up at her, eyes half-lidded. ". .everyone needs help. .no matter what they've done. . .really, what they did might've been because they needed help. . ."

". . .could. .could you embrace me. . . ?"

Oka gave her a small smile and wrapped her arms around. Ayano let out a pained cry. Really, it was the first time she cried. Oka raked a hand through her greasy hair as she cried out onto her shoulder.

"do me a favor. . ." Oka said.

"Anything for you. ." Ayano sniffed.

"take care of yourself. .when you get home, take a long bath, when you're done make yourself something to eat. . .have some tea before you rest tonight. . .make yourself feel better. . ."

Ayano pulled back from the embrace and nodded. She wiped her eye with her shirt. "Thank you."

Oka nodded a bit and got up, Ayano pulled her back down. "Wait."

"what is it. . ?"

". . . Can we. . Can we hang out tomorrow? At lunch again?"

"of course. .if that'll make you feel better. . .I'll see you around. . ." Oka got up and waved. She slowly waddled out of sight.

Ayano watched her move slowly away. What is this new feeling she showed? Was it sympathy? Yes, that sounds right.

                                 ✦•······················•✦•······················•✦

When Ayano got home, she filled up the bathtub and started making herself a full meal. She left it on the stove for it to cool. Heading to the bathroom, she untied her hair and left the tie on the sink. She undressed, played some calming music, got into the tub and melted away. Her mind, body, and whatever was left of her soul relaxed in the hot water. She felt at peace finally. Laying back, her mind started to wonder. Slowly and slowly, one person came up into her mind.

"Oka. . ."

{Happy Pride month! 🏳️‍🌈 sorry for any spelling mistakes, I was too lazy to read it over}