What's this feeling?

"Catch me!"

"Hey, come back!"

"C'mon!"

"You're too fast!"

"You're too slow!!"

"No fair!"

"Haha!"

"You're gonna trip on your dress! Be careful!"

"I'll be fine!"

"Sure you will."

~¤~¤~

Ayano woke up in her bed, the sun shining through her curtains. Her heart felt lighter than usual, which made her feel peaceful. But the world around her was grey, like it was before she met him.

'What a strange dream,' she thought to herself. But thinking about it more and more, the world around her started to brighten a little. It was a cute dream, the ones that make you feel warm inside. When her mind wandered to somewhere else, the world turned grey again. Ayano frowned and started to carry on with her morning routine.

On the way to school, she nearly got ran over by a car.

~~~

"Oka-chan!"

The small girl looked up. "oh, hey. feeling better. . ?"

"Yes. Thank you for the advice."

"you're welcome. ."

"May I hang out with you today?"

"of course. . ."

Ayano and the tiny girl made their way up to the rooftop. Oka led her to a secluded area for them to be comfortable. They sat on the floor, leaning against the wall, and began to talk.

"So, you've tried to do what I did yesterday?" Ayano asked.

The question lingered in the air for awhile. Hesitantly, Oka slowly replied. "well. .yes. . ."

"Why?"

". . .I'm. .I'm very sad. . .and it. . .it can takeover. . .um. .I get really sad and. .I don't want to be sad anymore. . .so. . .mmm. . ."

Ayano inched a little closer to her. Only feeling the small part of this sadness, she was interested in what else would have gone on if she delve deeper into it instead of ending her life immediately. ". . . So?"

At this point, Oka would've said something crude, but remembering Ayano might be a demon she didnt say anything to offend her. "I'll tell you more later. . .let's focus on you. how're you?"

"I'm feeling. . . Well," Ayano replied. The brightening of the world started to happen again as she heard her voice. It was. . Calming.

"that's a start. . ."

"I guess so. . . I enjoyed the bath suggestion, I fell asleep for a while. When I got up, my rice was cold.

Oka giggled lightly. Ayano felt a small spark in her chest light up. 'That was. . . Adorable.'

"Can I hang out with you during lunch today?"

"oh, um, not today. . .I'm doing something with my club. .maybe tomorrow. . ."

"Alright, I understand."

". . .we have minutes until the bell rings. .would you like to exchange numbers?"

"Sure."

They took out their phones and transferred number.

"You got a skull on your phone."

"and yours is bland. . ."

"Huh. I guess so."

". .why is that. . . ? everyone else has some sort of. .personalization to theirs. . ."

"I don't like sparkles or jewels or shit like that."

"not even color. . . ?"

". . . Eh."

". .you're even sadder than me. . ."

"I am?"

"it's a joke. ."

". . . I didnt laugh."

". .some aren't supposed to be laughed at. . ."

". . . Well, okay."

Oka's phone vibrated. She checked it and carefully read what was on the screen.

". .oh jeez, I have to go. . . Supana got into a fight with Kuma. . ." she got up. "I'll see you later. . .get better. . ."

And with that, she made her way to her club with whatever time she had left to spare. Ayano sat there, still, watching her leave. Her phone vibrated and turned one.

1 message from Info-Chan.

{that concludes chapter two!! 🎊}