Exhumation

There was something that corrosive.

That intolerant. 

That ignorant.                                                                                                    That chaotic.

That drew me to your aftermath.

Something.                                                                                          Somewhere.                                                                                                          Told me not to.

But, oh how I was drawn to you.

I couldn't escape.                                                                                            Looking back,                                                                                                          I didn't want to.

That time. 

That moment.                                                                                                           That place.

When you too, saw something worth holding on to. 

I was consumed. 

 Exhumed.                                                                                                        Forced to resume.                                                                                          Daily life.

A simple shell. 

 Forged in hell.

To give you something worth loving –

 even if it was yourself.

I will never stop living – 

even if it's spent waiting.

For a moment. 

Words spoken.                                                                                                  Your silence.

Your memory is what I crave.

One day. 

I will find the resolve to let you go.                                                            But, I'm not ready. No, not yet.