Chapter 2 - Punishment

Third Person's POV

"I'll leave them to you, Lady Hokage," Shikaku said to the one and only, Tsunade.

"Right, thank you, Shikaku. You may leave," Tsunade replied.

He bowed and left the room.

Suddenly, the room's atmosphere changed. Shikamaru and Naruto's facial expressions turned into fear. They shivered and visibly gulped.

'We're doomed,' they thought.

Tsunade glowered at them which made Naruto and Shikamaru unintentionally shrunk down, "You..two..," she punched the table, hard, making them wince, "What were you thinking?!"

They both stuttered, "Eh-uh, w-we u-um,". Then, Naruto bowed and shouted, "I'm sorry, granny! It was my fault! I wanted to do this!".

Tsunade sighed, "Of course, it's you obviously. No one would dare to do that stunt." Naruto laughed nervously.
"What were you gonna do with that thing anyway?" they gave her a quizzical look as she knew and she rolled her eyes."That thing is like the one thing you'd be interested from that room," she said and their mouth formed an 'O'.

Naruto stuttered, "U-um well, I don't know."

"What do you mean, you don't know," Tsunade pressed.

"I was actually going to figure out what to do with it after we successfully took it," Naruto replied.

"You what?!" both Tsunade and Shikamaru shouted.

"You don't know Shikamaru?" Tsunade asked him.

"No, no I don't! I only agreed to help because he was pestering me the whole day!" he grabbed his head, "Argh! I should've seen this coming!" Shikamaru groaned.

Tsunade sighed. "Well, whatever it is you were still involved. So, you will also need to be punished. To be honest, I never expected you to be one helping Naruto. I'll let you off easy for this one but next time don't expect the same thing. You're a Chunin for god's sake, Shikamaru. After this, I don't want anything like to happen again," she said sternly.

Shikamaru frowned a bit but quickly regain his posture, though Naruto noticed that he frowned, "Yes, Lady Tsunade."

"Good. Now for your punishment, I want the both of you to clean up the scroll room. I don't wanna hear any whines or arguments. I want the room to be clean BUT do not touch any of the scrolls, alright?"

"Hai," the both of them replied.

"Please start now."

"Alright."

Shikamaru already went out when Tsunade called out Naruto, "Naruto."

"Hm?"

"You better feel guilty cause it's your fault and you know he didn't deserve this."

Naruto frowned, "Yeah...I know.."

"You should make it up to him somehow, maybe he'll be back to his old self," Tsunade said.

Naruto made a toothy smile and nodded, "Of course!"

Tsunade smiled, "Now, get going," she said firmly.

Naruto saluted and replied, "Yes, ma'am!" and ran out.

Tsunade shook her head and softly chuckled.

"What took ya?" Shikamaru asked Naruto.

"Nah, it's not important," he replied.

Shikamaru shrugged it off and they began walking.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.at the scroll room.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Shikamaru opened the door and they saw that the room was a complete mess.

'How long was this room left unused?' Shikamaru thought.

'Wow, and I thought my room was bad. This is worse!" Naruto thought.

Shikamaru raised a brow and his facial expression's a mix between disgust and curiosity while looking at Naruto.

Naruto noticed and said, "What?".

"You..just....said that out loud..."

Naruto blushed in embarrassment and stammered, "O-oh, u-u-um oops?" and laughed nervously. "L-let's just get started."

"Right..."

Then they began cleaning. Out of the blue, Naruto called Shikamaru, "Hey Shikamaru..."

"What?" he answered while picking up trash.

"...i'm sorry..." he said softly.

Shikamaru glanced at him for a second but then continued what he was doing, "It's fine, I guess.."

"But I seriously said that we won't get in trouble and all-!"

Shikamaru cut him off, "Nah, I saw this coming. Seriously, it's cool. Let's just finish this up so we can go back quickly."

Naruto frowned, "Okay...", he said softly. Naruto then proceeded to wipe the racks.

Shikamaru glanced at Naruto and sighed, "How about this," he said making Naruto turn to look at him. "Treat me lunch after we finish cleaning up and I'll let this slide, okay?" he proposed.

Naruto gave a big smile and nodded, "Yes, dattebayo! I'll treat as much ramen as you want!"

Shikamaru sighed, 'What a drag, ramen it is then...', he chuckled in his head. Shikamaru then smiled and nodded.

"Woohoo!", Naruto shouted while putting both of his hands in the air. But, his hands hit the rack causing something to fall on Naruto's head.
"Ouch!" he grunted while rubbing his head.

"O-oi, you good?" Shikamaru asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he answered while still rubbing his head. He opened his eyes to look what fell on him. Then, his eyes went wide when he saw it, "Woooahh." It was a scroll covered in neon green and an interesting symbol on it. He went to grab it.

"...What are you doing...?" , Shikamaru asked.

"Uhh," he said and took the scroll, "taking the scroll?" and showed it to Shikamaru.

"Hey, hey, hey. Put it back Naruto. We don't know if that scroll is safe or maybe it's confidential," Shikamaru warned him.

"Aw, relax a bit, dattebayo! It's probably some D-rank mission report," he shrugged it off and opened it.

"Hey-!"

"Huh? What the heck does this mean? It's like another language," Naruto cut Shikamaru off.

"Naruto, don't you dare read it!" Shikamaru shouted.

"Pssh, it's not like it would affect any of us! Chillll."

"You don't know what it means nor do I! Don't read it!" he ran to Naruto.

'Nah, I bet it's something stupid' Naruto thought and started reading it.
(just imagine it's another language)
"Kinji rareta jūjutsu,"

"Naruto!"

"Mirai e no tabi?"

"No-!"

Suddenly, a bright light appeared knocking both of them out. When the light disappeared....both of them were gone. Not only them...a few certain people were gone as well...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Where did they go?

.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.
A/N: Dun, dun, DUNNN!! Hahaha I've always wanted to thisss lol so like sorry to whoever who's mad 😂 finally! I finished the second chapter. Sorry it took me weeks 😓 thanks to everyone who waited for the next chappy even if it took me a long time 😙 anyway hope yall enjoyed and I'll TRY to make the next one asap. Alright, see ya! :3