Chapter 3: Dinner with the Rios

Hanz' POV

I entered the living room as the light gleamed at my face coming from the chandelier above.

"Come, sit" said the old man.

I did as he said and sat on an empty seat, I look beside me and there's a black-haired man with a chiseled jawline and a chestnut-eyes smiling straight at me looking with amused curiosity, my stepbrother, Dean. I ignored him and started to eat what's on the table.

The whole dining room was in a complete absence of sound, the sound of utensils when someone's eating is the only one you can hear.

"How's things in your school doing?" asked the lady infront of me, breaking the silence.

"It was great, mom" said Dean, cheerfully.

"Boring" I answered without looking, insensitively.

"Hanz and I are planning to join the Track and Field team, since from what I've heard, they will give a full scholarship to those who will join the team"

"We?" I look at him confused with a narrowed face.

"Yeah. You'll join too, right? It's the best option though." he answered.

"You should join too, Hanz. It's a great offer and a good opportunity to meet friends. It's better if you and your brother are in the same field, keep an eye on him" said Dean's dad.

Well, I had nothing to do and just follow as what he said. I'll get stuck with this man again, I guess.

"Anyway Hanz, I saw a laptop in your room, it seems new. Where'd you got the money you spent for it?" asked Dean while looking at me, changing the topic.

This guy just pisses me off. Why do he even have to mention it when his parents are here? Trying to make me look bad? Lol everyone see me as a bad person though.

"I bought it using your money since I'm entering college, you know, for school purposes and not just to be a lone depressant in the corner. Making all things around him his problem." I scoffed looking straight at him, grinning.

He put down his spoon and fork beside his plate making a loud noise. Able to be heard in the whole dining room.

"What did I do to you? You even used my own money for buying that laptop without my permission, and now you had the audacity to mock me?" he said with teary-eyed.

What a crybaby.

"Stop it, the both of you." Dean's father spoke, trying to pacify our quarrel.

"Whenever I see your face, I feel furious and distorted with rage, Dean." I said with a fierce eyes.

"Ever since you stepped in this house, you didn't even give a single respect to any people here. Watch you manners, Hanz."

"A pompous ass, acting like he knows everything. Just lock yourself in your room, cry all night because no one even likes you, even your own family"

I grinned as I let those words come out of my mouth. I like what I am seeing, he'll turn into a raging bull in any time. The unseen side of Rios' one and only son will be shown in a second.

"Sit down, Dean!" his father shouted and stood up.

He punched my face making my lips swollen, I wiped the blood off my mouth. He ran off and went inside his room without saying anything.