Chapter 35: Petrified

Jirou's POV

The sun rays in my face woke me up, I held a hand up for it to be a shield as I open my eyes. It's already morning. My eyes roam around the room. I'm still at my home. A smile appeared on my face.

I have woke up comfortably without any worries and only a thought of looking forward for what this day would bring me which I am sure that only good things will happen today, considering how good the weather is and the way I woke up.

I stretched my arms, enjoying the comfortable feeling and suddenly remembered the call yesterday afternoon from Shawn.

"Hello, Shawn."

"Hello Jirou. Where are you? Would you mind if I visit you?"

I'm wondering why he suddenly wanted to visit me. I told him the location of my place and also the activity I'm planning to do, of course along with where it is.

I sat up, reached for my phone on the side table to see the time. It's sunday and the time is currently 7 am. It's too early and I feel like sleeping more. But nevermind, I'm not gonna go back to sleep.

I stood on my feet, get my ass out of the bed and went out of my room, going downstairs to head towards the kitchen as I smell something delicious which I have figured out that it is my favorite food. Being at home is really the best, we have a cook who have been with us for years since I was a kid, thus she's already aware of my favorites and what I am as a personㅡ inside and out.

Dad must have already delivered the news to her. As I've arrived there, I see my dad in a typical father position every morning, sipping on his cup of coffee while reading a newspaper.

"Good morning, dad." I greeted him and sat on the chair on his right. He's sitting in the center, facing the chair on the other end of the table.

"Good morning, son. How was your sleep?" He asked, putting down the newspaper. He looked at me as he wait for my answer with his coffee on his hand.

"It was fine, dad. I'm planning to go hiking today. Will you come with me?" I informed him and also invite him.

"I'm sorry, son. I already have a schedule with my club members. We will be doing a different activity." He told me, worried was obvious on his tone. He might have thought that I would feel sad but it's clearly fine, I can go alone just like back then. I'm old enough.

"It's alright dad! No problem, I just want to unwind at the top and I guess, it would help to be alone. I'll be leaving in the afternoon."

After I told him that, he nodded and smiled. His eyes were diverted to his phone after it notified that he have received a message.

He stood up, picked up his coat that was hanging on the chair he was sitting earlier. He looked at me before speaking.

"I'll have to go now, son. Take care for your hike later, alright? I'll be going home at night. I might not see you then since you have to go back."

I smiled. "It's alright, dad. We can see each other soon after the individual test anyway."

He left after that. My food is now serve and as expected, it was my favorite food. I smiled at the one who served whom we call 'grandma' here. I missed her cooking so much.