chapter thirty-one

We're having our lunch now. Hinahanap pa rin ng paningin ko si Navi pero ni anino niya ay wala dito sa cafeteria. I guess he completely deserted the campus for freerunning purposes. 

"I'll just wash my hands," I said.

"You're done?" tanong ni Jace. "Wala pa sa kalahati 'yan."

I sighed. "Ayoko na."

"Okay, akin na lang." Lily smiled and get my plate from Jace.

Umalis na ako at dumeretso sa washroom. I really did wash my hands but I think I did it triple times. I just don't feel like moving today. I was a bit fine earlier but because of what Lily said, I feel like my stomach has officially turned upside down. I can't function anymore. Goddamnit.

Papalabas na sana ako nang may pumasok at tumabi sa'kin para magsalamin. It's Medina. I don't know if I'm supposed to say something to her-- if I'm gonna confront her. It's not like a big deal to them but this is for me. But that doesn't matter to anyone, right? I should just keep quiet to avoid anything worse.

"You got everything you want again." She chuckled sarcastically. "Nagtitira ka pa ba para sa iba?"

I looked at her. "Medina, I don't know what you're talking about."

"Everything that you're getting, Avy, they're gonna destroy you one by one," she warned me. "Navi's gonna destroy you."

I dampened my hand and faced her. "Medina, if you'll excuse me-"

"You like Navi." She grinned. "Don't you?"

"What?" my forehead creased. "We're just friends."

"Yeah, he told me that. You know, he talked to me earlier. He told me he will never want to be a boyfriend to you."

"I told you, Medina. We're just friends." 

"But to you, he isn't?" She sighed with a wicked smile. "Good luck, Avyanna. Don't let me watch your world fall apart."

My lips parted when she said that. Before I could speak, she turned around and left the restroom. My feet were glued to the floor. Her voice started to echo in my mind, so I shook my head and took a deep breath. I left the restroom and walked back to the cafeteria.

It's true that we don't have classes anymore so I think I should do something productive. But my body doesn't want any of that. I just want to lock myself in my room and sleep. Maybe that way, I will wake up feeling better. But I really need to take action. This in-between situation is making my head and my heart hurt.

I should spend my time on the rooftop. I shall rearrange my plants there, add a little extra like a tiny loft. It is more like a garden to me rather than an actual rooftop. Maybe I should spend my nights there often starting December. I could spend a night here, curled up with a blanket while listening to music and read on my Kindle. This is way better. I should make my nook a little cozier this time. It's the only place that makes me feel good in our house.

I walked my way home excitedly. Nagulat pa sa akin si Manang sa pagbukas ko ng pinto. She's sweeping our front yard.

"Ang aga mo naman, hija?"

"Wala na pong klase, Manang." She just nodded at me. "Manang, nasaan po yung susi sa storage room?"

I did my thing the way I was planning. I made my rooftop lounge cozily dreamy. I was inspired by the interior design of the backyard of Navi's mother's restaurant. It is too good. Plus, the aromatic wood makes it the best. Now, my rooftop is a whole new world. Maybe this way, I can enjoy myself. But not today. I don't know.