Twenty-Two

A/N: So...I was out of town for nearly a whole week so that's my explanation for the lack of updates. I had spotty Wi-Fi and the internet on my phone sucks butt which is why I didn't even try. 

Enjoy

Sonia's POV- May 2019

There really wasn't much left at the old apartment at the moment. All that was technically left to do was clean up the place. At the moment, we were all gathered around the newly built dining table eating lunch that Bobbi had prepped for us.

"When's the big exam?"

Uncle Andre and dad were over helping us built and move around heavy furniture.

"A month from now" I replied to uncle Andre's question.

"And how's studying? I hope Alex is not a distraction"

Uncle Andre chuckled as I rolled my eyes at my dad's question and statement.

"Studying is going well" I answered.

"And Alex is not a distraction?"

"He is not" I assured him.

Then again, he'd been gone on the road since I had started heavily studying. 

"Doesn't he want you to join him on that 3-day road trip to Arizona?"

That was true.

"Yes," I confirmed.

"And that won't interfere with studying?"

"I balanced studying, school, and Alex" I reminded him.

"Isaac, she does deserve some sort of break"

Dad huffed but said nothing. Uncle Andre turned to look at Bobbi before smiling at her.

"Abby tells me you just finished your second year of Medical School"

Bobbi nodded before taking a sip of her lemonade.

"What type of doctor do you want to be?"

Like Carol and I, Bobbi and Abby were cousins who did not share the same last name. 

"An OB/GYN"

Uncle Andre nodded.

"I'm sure Belinda would not mind answering any questions you have in mind"

Aunt Belinda was an Obstetrician.

"By the way these pierogies are delicious"

It meant a lot coming from him considering uncle Andre was a chef.

"Thank you"

He and dad were big foodies, it's why they got along so well. We all turned our attention to the baby monitor when we heard a light whimper followed by,

"Mama?"

Carol went to get up, but Uncle Andre signaled for her to take a seat.

"I got him, honey"

She took a seat when Uncle Andre stood up. About a minute later, we heard uncle Andre speak from the baby monitor.

"Hey, little man"

When it was revealed that Carol was having a boy, Uncle Andre was ecstatic. Her family was 'disappointed' in her, but that all went away when Drew was born. I never really bothered asking her who the father of her child was because it was none of my business but I was kind of curious.

"Tata"

Uncle Andre emerged with Drew in his arms a couple of minutes later.

"Carol, he needs a haircut"