!Fluff! Teldryn Sero x Scared!Reader ~Part Two~

Teldryn and I have been good friends ever since that one day at the Retching Netch. Turns out, we both share similar things. Like, concerns, small fears, wishes. Teldryn came over to my house pretty often, seeing how I was holding up, comforting me, and just hanging out.

I familiar two knocks, one knock, then three knocks entered my ears.

"Come in, Teldryn." Teldryn and I had a secret code for when he came over. Why? Dunno. It's fun? Teldryn walked in, giving me a playful expression.

"Want to go outside?" He asked. 

"I don't really like going outside..." Teldryn grabbed my hand, surprising me. I looked up at his goggled eyes.

"There's nothing to fear." He said. I sighed.

"I'm not afraid, I just..enjoy indoors more." He pulled me up from sitting on my bed and tugged me towards the door. Guess I have no choice, huh?

"You're going outside, okay?" He said sternly. I sighed again, mumbling out a 'fine'. He pulled me through the door, and I inhaled and coughed.

"Yeah, I wouldn't recommend breathing in the ashy air..." Teldryn chuckled. I playfully punched his arm.

"Ow,..." He muttered. I chuckled at him and grabbed his hand again. My hands were shaking, mostly from fear. I've lived in Solstheim for a good while, but never gone outside. I've heard a lot of people talk about ash spawn, ash hoppers or something, and reavers. Teldryn looked at our hands.

"Are you sure you're not afraid?" He asked, his tone sounding a little worried. I glared.

"I said I'm not scared." I muttered. I started shaking more, and Teldryn took out of his bag a jacket and swung it over me. He tied the sleeves together, making the jacket a warm cape. I snuggled into the warmth, inhaling Teldryn's scent. Teldryn smiled at me, warmth spreading on his face.

~

A few hours later of walking, we were far from home. We were walking on a dusty, ash filled path. We were the only ones around. I shook with fear. Teldryn, seeing me so scared, didn't tease me this time. He stopped walking.

"Y/n, tell me the truth. Why are you scared...?" I felt warm tears fill my eyes.

"I'm used to the clear skies of Skyrim, not the red sky. I'm used to the clean air, the happy chirps of birds, I'm used to friendly people greeting me.. this...this isn't...Skyrim.... Teldryn, the n-noises...they're...They're terrifying..." Teldryn looked so confused, yet he wrapped his arms around me. I leaned my head on his chest, hearing his calm heartbeat calmed me. I was still shaking. Teldryn rubbed my back.

"It's alright, there's nothing to fear. I'm here. I will protect you...I promise." I calmed down completely, but that cut shortly because off a weird looking thing rising from the ground.

"Ash spawn! Get behind me!" Teldryn pushed me behind him. The ash-man swung his hands at Teldryn, but Teldryn blocked them. I took out his sword, slashing at the beast mercilessly. In seconds, the man was dead.

"W-What was that..?" I sat on the ash flooring, shaking.

"That was an ash spawn. One of my worst fears." Teldryn sat next to me, taking off his gloves because they were destroyed, wrapping his arm around my waist. I jumped at his touch. His hands were cold. 

"You're okay. It's dead." Teldryn saw that I was breathing heavily. He gently pushed my head to his chest, stroking my hair.

"You're going to be okay. I'll make sure of that." Teldryn placed a kiss on top of my head, making me blush. I looked up at him, seeing him peer down at me.