CHAPTER 4: Entropy

I am who I am because of you.

Because of her.

I could not have done it without him, Death, I mean. That reaper failed to Reap my soul the second time, and thus, he lost his greatest weapon.

After searching for so long, I had finally found her, and she had hid so well, too. It was a pity, really. I had no hope of finding her on my own. The Goddess of Life.

If she hadn't tried to steal my soul back, then I would  have never found her so easily.

The barrier she set around her special haven to keep those pesky Gods out was a struggle to try to think about how to get though, but it allowed my presence easily after a few minor adjustments to my attire—she senses in me as a friend—as her poor lost child. A perfect defense always had a flawed system in the end, and it had been her emotions all along.

I was able to trespass into this once-sanctuary because the so-great Goddess of Life had the small-mindedness to keep me in the center of her pitiful heart after all these years. That just proved how the rest of them were just pawns to her.

She never got over my so-called "death".

She served herself to me onto her own platter. She had foolishly accepted so swiftly that I was back inside of her life, and so...

There I was.

Walking into the grass, I ruffled my golden dress that she had last seen me in all those years ago. The same rosy cheeks she kissed when she thought that I had let out my last breath in front of her and my Father. "Greetings, Mother." I said with the most innocent smile I could muster, as she swiftly turned around at the presence of me walking through the barrier.

Her eyes were filled with hope and absolute amazement. Her hands shook as they gently caressed the tip of her lip, and her breath hitched as hand her mouth quickly rose up to a stupid smile that she used to wear everyday. "I..." She said, pathetically, "I never believed to see you again...!" Life said, as my grin continuously grew bigger at her happiness. "I... had believed you lost to me forever...!" She exclaimed. "My... My beloved child...!" She said, as I gripped my new toy behind me.

"Char--!"  She said, as I pulled Death's scythe out and struck her in the chest quickly, earning me a satisfying slash across her chest. Her eyes were filled with betrayal and sorrow, the happiness suddenly now, gone. It was exhilarating. "C-Chara...?" She looked up in grief and in shock as her strong, lively body turned into a fragile doll in the matter of seconds.

"The so-called love of a mother!" I laughed, holding my stomach in a fit of crazy laughter as she continued to hold her stomach in desperation to stop the blood from pouring out. "So blindly Trusting!" I said, changing my clothes back to their normal state after that stupid chamber rotted my sanity away. A black dress, encased with the aroma of death, as malice seemed to completely erode my body away from it's original state.

I had the wings of Death.

"My child..." She said, as her tears grew heavy and she hunched over in pain. The life around her quickly began decaying in my presence, unable to sustain life without her power. "H-How could..." She said, mortified at my actions as a whole. Her words were soft whispers as she tried to heal herself dreadfully.

"I'm obviously not THAT CHILD anymore." I grinned, showing her my empty eyes and my wide smile. They were as empty as Death's eyes, and it was apparent to her that her efforts to bring me back to life had in-fact worked. Except that I was no exempt from the sins she had places onto me. And it made me even more angry at the fact that she got away with it unscathed. "And yet, you looked so happy to see me—like you were reunited with your lost child, as if you actually LOVED and mourned for me! But did you ever bother to ask your good friend DEATH what happened to me?" I said, giggling and sitting in the air, as I ascended my body with the wings I had been cursed with.

"H-He said you were at peace—" Life said, with a face of absolute tremor.

"PEACE?" I said, cutting her off, "Ha!" I exclaimed. "What a dirty liar." I said, facing towards her, and looking her in the eyes. "No. There was no 'peace'. I have been wandering the chamber of souls and the anti-void all of this time. Ever since I was forsaken by you all." She tried to interject, but I kept talking. I couldn't care what she had to say. "For your so-called BELOVED CHILDREN--you gifted them DEATH."

"N-No! That is not--!" She said, begging for my mercy.

"For the children you claim to love so much, you fed them to the WOLVES." I said, making her weaker and weaker. Making her relive her mistakes of replacing me, and not wanting to carry on her life anymore. I'm making her not want to fight the pain of the cut that she bore on her chest.

The scythe disappeared, and I carried it with me, as it tried hard to collect the soul of the most powerful goddess here. "I-I didn't want any of this to happen! It wasn't I who—" She wept, her hand falling further and further away from her wound, earning me a nasty grin.

"YOU ABANDONED THEM." I said, grinning mischievously at her wallows. "Sometimes, I really do feel sorry for Death. All the suffering you put your 'children' through—the violence, how you allow them to become corrupted. And when one is broken, all you do is replace them with another one. It's just so easy for you." I laughed some more. "You are a horrible mother."

"You tricked me into loving you... but I don't care about that anymore, because now I know the truth." I said, bringing out the scythe once more to show her who the owner really was, as realization succumbed her thoughts. She was no longer thinking rationally. "This world doesn't need gods! The cycle? The balance?" I let out a potent laugh. "Ha! Your feeble attempt at order needs to be erased." I said, raising his scythe as her 'sanctuary' slowly died as her power was encased inside of the scythe along with her soul.

"And then, in a godless world, the world will succumb to its NATURAL state—ENTROPY." I said, giving myself the power of my curse to create yet another god of this world. The only god. "Chaos and Decay!—and it all begins with you, Toriel. The Goddess of Life." I paused, "Doesn't it always?" I laughed, watching her on her knees as her eyes only filled with more despair. "I will do the job that incompetent reaper has always failed to do." I grinned, finishing her off with another swing of my beloved scythe.

Across the realms, a great feeling of emptiness was felt throughout all of the Gods. They had knew something had happened to Life, but none other than the Reaper himself knew who was really at fault here.

I awaited for the power that Life should have passed down to me, as her last candidate of passing her unforgiving powers to, however, that power never came. The plants everywhere in the sanctuary crumbled to dust, no longer able to sustain any sort of life without their Mother alive. In her last dying words, she whispered a name. Another replacement.

My blood boiled in anger at the sound of her name. I had heard that name before. But where? Nonetheless, I had to find her before she knew what had been placed upon her.

Frisk.

Entropy is here, knocking at your door.