CHAPTER 9: Chaos

Struggling to set our minds free—
We bind ourselves to the future that no one has yet foretold.

A sea of deafening silence,
And the roaring of silent waves crashing into the delicate ocean makes everything around us nothing but white noise.

A black hole, devoid of all we know about being this thing called "human"

Racing for the last droplets of feelings that anyone else but us can scrounge up—
So we may not lose to the blackness of the insanity that rests upon our inevitable fate.

So what comes after all humanity that lies within us is lost?

The answer is simple

All we have to do is tie the rope in our hands—

And kick the Chair beneath us.

————

Chaos.

A state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization and order. That was Entropy and what she was made up of.

Chaos.

Entropy had always killed her victims in an odd way. It was a rather dismal form of pain, causing not only the innocent's pain, but the people around them as well. Her powers acted as a chasm, leading them into the abyss she called home, however, it disguised as something beautiful in each of their eyes.

Her game was to trick the minds of the naive, and she did it with perfection every single time.

A flawless gamble that no one could even scratch the surface of. They wouldn't be able to withstand the pain of the suffering she put them through. A two-faced tale of deception as she stripped them of their sophrosyne.

As the god of chaos, Entropy would slowly reek havoc upon one's life, causing them to go into a state of disarray, until their minds were gradually chipped away at her hand alone. Their mind in shambles, they would crumble, like a strong cavern, caving in under the pressure of so many things at once.

She was powerful, nonetheless, for chaos had been tied with Life and Death themselves, equally finding as much power as they did in this pitiful world. Her sly words wrapped themselves around their thoughts, and as if they were merely a puppet, they fell right into her arms. The humans seemed to have an endless supply of fear they handed over to her with ease.

This only made her more powerful. Chaos and decay would always remain inside of this world, however, the more chaos existed, the more powerful she became as a goddess. She knew how to obtain power faster than any other God that existed—that was why she was the most dangerous.

She was that feeling of fantods, lingering deep within you, only brought out in the most conventional feeling they had come to know.

She was the most powerful goddess, now that Life was gone. A demi-goddess, ironically.

Unpredictably, she is the most well-known form of power, though Life is all around. Entropy creates an impression on the human mind, and certainly makes things more miserable and unforgettable. It was hard to walk down the path that Life created for so many, when Entropy lurked around the next corner, waiting impatiently for someone to fall right into her trap.

The number of those selected was uncountable. Too many innocent minds, portrayed by the plague Entropy called 'fun'. This was her amusement, playing the role of jurisdiction as she twisted their psyche around. Entropy loved to corrupt the innocent, to crush what little egos the young had, and to have the oldest's greed buckle under them

It was disgusting, yet morbidly entertaining.

And no matter how still you remained, the chaos would always remain there, raging inside of you like a storm, ready to burst at her aching fingertips. The strings tied around them, were attached to you, and she wasn't letting go.

Because despite it all, humans will forever remain ignorant to the untouched beauty of chaos. No human had ever escaped from her powerful grip, for with each passing day, she became more and more malevolent and merciless to the small brain they possessed.

They were incapable of harnessing such hell within their mental capacity.

She was relentless to anyone's cries for help, or for a so-called 'God' to save them from their misery. There was no God in an original world. She would never stop for such foolish arrogance that they spewed beneath her feet.

She was the queen of destruction. The opposing force to serendipity. When confronted, she is merely cromulent. Lies falling from her deceptious lips as if they were second to Life— her second nature.

Entropy was focused on cleansing this perpetuous world, futile of destruction at this rate. They were destroying themselves anyway, so why did it fascinate them them so when they did fall in the end? Nevertheless, it was enjoyable to her to see their faces of anguish when their loved ones hung still upon the thread of fate she pushed them onto.

She was the cause of that toska they were all so familiar with. It was only the most basic of knowledge, yet nothing anyone seemed capable of comprehending. The excruciating pain of the void that grew to make us up was merely her playing her famous game of decay.

And that was why she was called Entropy.

Not because of the chaos...

But because of the flawless decimation of millions done in a matter of seconds. The capitulation of so many inferior lives, forced to take their own vitality.

She was the reason why Death was growing more and more weaker by the second.

But now that Life was out of the way, she could now perfect her game of the ephmeral mortal— and it was only a matter of time before she gained Life's power from her so-called 'successor' too.

"I'm about to make your life a living hell, Frisk." Entropy's face was plastered with a permanent smile, "You better be prepared."